No announcement yet.

Floyd sends chilling message to fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd sends chilling message to fighters

What do you guys think about Floyd telling the fighters don't expect to get paid well during the pandemic?

Originally posted by bancoboxing View Post
    What do you guys think about Floyd telling the fighters don't expect to get paid well during the pandemic?
    True statement

Comment

How is that chilling?
      Its common sense. Red k

Comment

Baconboxing made a profile just for this?

Comment

Unless all their fights will be on Ppv there will be no gate money/ticket sales coming In being that They will be fighting in a empty arena.

I think that’s why all these fighters want to make all big fights now and are calling each other out because they will make no where near the money they made before fighting stay busy fights.

Sadly they are going to need Ppv’s more than ever.

Comment

Mayweather Promotions has no exclusive TV deal like most notable promotions we talk about here. Of course most of his roster or other promotions who also don't have exclusive TV deals won't be breaking the bank on cards with no TV money & reduced gate best case.

Name boxers who make bank from TV money will just be taking a haircut on gate money which isn't gonna fook them too much. Guys with promotions with TV deals would likely see similar money as well I'd assume.

Comment

Reset was long overdue. I have no problem with fighters earning good money. My concern is that the split isn't even.

Sport needs to become more event focused. Remove ego from the equation. Start marketing fights on the rank of fighters and the excitement they bring.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                How is that chilling?
                Its common sense. Red k
                Lmaoooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Reset was long overdue. I have no problem with fighters earning good money. My concern is that the split isn't even.

Sport needs to become more event focused. Remove ego from the equation. Start marketing fights on the rank of fighters and the excitement they bring.
                  Very good points.

Comment

For the longest time guys were being overpaid for bad fights. Events were even losing money in some cases. Floyd for all his faults actually backed up his purse demands with huge buyrates. A lot of these modern guys expect the same money with no financial justification.

Comment

Working...
                    X