Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson: "Ronda Rousey is the real deal, would of kicked my ass in mma in my PRIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson is a natural @ attention getting remarks. That said if Tyson had fought Ronda, anywhere, ring , octagon or the street, in his prime I suspect she wakes up drenched in urine post-fight.

Comment

Fighting is truly about the two people competing, not styles. There is not one style, or mix of styles, that is better than another. It is down to the people to be at their best, and a lot of that has to do with their own condition.

I've said in the past that elite boxers can beat elite MMA fighters, and I've had people look at me like if that were impossible. Their sole argument is that, obviously, the MMA people "can do more." Now, while that makes sense, you cannot forget to look at the bigger picture. MMA fighters have trained at doing more, but for how long, and to what efficiency? Lots of MMA fighters throughout its history have been mostly centered around one style, and they gradually have come to implement others. Each one was good at either wrestling, jujitsu, kickboxing, etc, and they started practicing different ones. How would that be any different from a boxer switching over to MMA and learning something new?

Also, many MMA fighters dominate utilizing one style. Ronda Rousey is a great example of my whole argument. She began in one martial art, and, later on, diversified. To this day, she, for the most part, wins fights using judo. Her stand-up fighting is nowhere near as efficient.

So, what are we talking about here? Fighters who have GROWN up learning various martial arts, for the most part, do not exist. I suspect they will in the future, with the popularity of MMA rising, but they are not here yet. Hence, is the real argument here that boxers simply can't win in MMA because they'd be taken down, kicked on the head, or something?

What about a guy like Chuck Liddell? He dominated MMA for the longest time, using stand-up. And, in my opinion, his stand-up was about as good as Ricardo Mayorga's was in his prime. This guy beat people like Randy Couture by, pretty much, punching them. What's to stop a boxer from doing the same?

While I agree that, in theory, the more you know, the better, there is nothing that guarantees anything in a real fight. If you dominate one martial art, it is absolutely possible for you to beat someone who knows more than one. You just have to be that good at it. Ironically, MMA itself is the best example of this.

What I've seen from a lot of MMA fighters over the years is, quite frankly, not that impressive. Lots of slow guys taking too many shots with terrible technique. There is nothing that I see that would stop an elite boxer from knocking them out. Are there things an elite boxer would have to watch out for? Of course, but, people forget, they will KNOW they have to. Fighters prepare for these things.

Ronda Rousey said it herself; if she were to fight Mayweather, she'd be jumping around on her knees like the "monkey" guy from Blood Sport. She knows, and I can definitely tell, that her stand-up wouldn't stand a chance. Her hope is to, pretty much, surprise-tackle him down. Now, do you think someone as calculating as Mayweather wouldn't already expect this? You think he's going to lazily stand around like James Toney when fighting RANDY COUTURE, for God's sake?! LOL Poor Toney shouldn't have, and still shouldn't, be fighting anymore. Only fools would believe the "legend" hype they put around that fight to try to prove MMA fighters would "easily" beat boxers. Has no one seen Ray Mercer vs Tim Sylvia, which could possibly be the real reason that Toney-Couture past-prime mismatch took place?

Again, I agree that knowing as much as possible is the best thing any fighter can do, but to act like boxers don't stand a chance in MMA is equivalent to pretending that a fighter using judo, wrestling, or Brazilian jujitsu doesn't stand one, either.

And forget a real fight. In a real fight, you think anyone's going to want to be wrestling on the ground, when someone can gouge your eye out or rip "something else" off? There are real risks in street fights, and one of those is that there are no rules. Anything goes. Isn't it much smarter to fight standing up? And did you know that fighters miss most head kicks? What does that leave you with, in terms of finishing someone off without a weapon?

I don't think leg kicks will do the trick.

That's right, boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
        Because boxing is only one aspect of fighting whereas MMA incorperates A LOT MORE.. thus she has more tools perfected to beat any man who hasn't trained mma before.
        I think you're underestimating how a size and strength disparity effects you're ability to execute technically. Forget boxing...I'd like to see her try to take down an nfl outside linebacker.
        Last edited by Real King Kong; 11-01-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

This is beyond Preposterous.

Comment

Mike can literally make headlines for saying anything.

Mike: "I love McDonalds!"

That would be a headline right there

Comment

well Tyson never fought MMA

Comment

Most of us here know that Tyson is just talking without thinking. He's trying to sound PC and probably wants to look like the good guy by being against Mayweather. I don't like Floyd but I'm pretty damn confident he beats the **** outta that little UFC girl. I'd bet that Tyson would never put money on Rousey if that fight was going to actually happen. Talk can be real cheap sometimes.

I don't like Floyd but I'd like to see him KO Rousey. She should shut her big mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Tyson is a natural @ attention getting remarks. That said if Tyson had fought Ronda, anywhere, ring , octagon or the street, in his prime I suspect she wakes up drenched in urine post-fight.
                  Tyson would murder her inside 30 seconds even if it was an MMA fight. He knows that and most of us know that.

Comment

The video edited out where Mike says, "I would ave tore that puthy up in my prime. Sthtill would now, but the politicths of marriage make that an impothibilty."

Comment

That doesn't make any sense. Prime Tyson was 220 pounds of solid muscle. Ronda weighs 130. Tyson had very fast hands and incredible power in each hand. He should be able to KO her with his first punch just like swatting a fly. If she got her hands on him before he landed a punch he should be able to pick her up and throw her through the floor. Even with no ground skills he should handle her with ease just because he is twice her size and three times stronger than she is. Size always matters in any kind of fight. Kimbo Slice was an average boxer with no ground skills and he was often successful in MMA fights using nothing but legal boxing blows. He knocked out famous MMA star Ken Shamrock. Tyson says some stupid things and this is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X