Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren Sharper gets 9 years for rapes (plus lifetime probation)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Sharper gets 9 years for rapes (plus lifetime probation)

Plead out on 2 of the rapes. Was actually implicated though in several more.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...032-story.html

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Plead out on 2 of the rapes. Was actually implicated though in several more.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...032-story.html

Thoughts?
    Famous =/= innocent

Comment

Hope he bleeds out after he's raped in jail. Scumbag.

Comment

9 years. For a serial rapist. We're talking about a dude here implicated in like 7 f**king rapes spanning 4 different states. And 9 years? That's it?

I mean I get that implications alone don't get you more time and they're just going off the 2 rapes he admitted to, but still -- even those 2 rapes should net him more than 9 years. Sharper was clearly a predator.

Comment

9 years. For a serial rapist. We're talking about a dude here implicated in like 7 f**king rapes spanning 4 different states. And 9 years? That's it?

I mean I get that implications alone don't get you more time and they're just going off the 2 rapes he admitted to, but still -- even those 2 rapes should net him more than 9 years. Sharper was clearly a predator.
          Wont he face a trial for the others?

Comment

Dude is a scumbag,,, they should have just killed n cremated him and flushed the ash down the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Wont he face a trial for the others?
              My bad, just read another article on it and it's still possible he could a get more. A lot more. I was reading some earlier stuff on the plea and it looked as if 9 would be it across the board, but according to this he could still get up to life in Louisiana.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/23/dar...legal-analysis

However these sentences will reportedly run concurrently, so if he gets 9-ish (or less than) in the other states, then ultimately the most he would serve is 9. However that's a best case scenario for him.

Oh, and it's nine women that accused him. Geez.

Comment

My bad, just read another article on it and it's still possible he could a get more. A lot more. I was reading some earlier stuff on the plea and it looked as if 9 would be it across the board, but according to this he could still get up to life in Louisiana.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/23/dar...legal-analysis

However these sentences will reportedly run concurrently, so if he gets 9-ish (or less than) in the other states, then ultimately the most he would serve is 9. However that's a best case scenario for him.

Oh, and it's nine women that accused him. Geez.
                That's ****ed he deserves life or a bullet for what he did, not concurrent sentences. The thing I'm always perplexed by is why guys like him and aaron Hernandez don't just flee the country when they know they're about to be indicted. You know you're guilty, buy another identity and **** off. I'm certainly glad they don't because they're scum, but I just don't get why they don't.

Comment

He's going to be in jail for longer than 9 years. It's going to be around 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    That's ****ed he deserves life or a bullet for what he did, not concurrent sentences. The thing I'm always perplexed by is why guys like him and aaron Hernandez don't just flee the country when they know they're about to be indicted. You know you're guilty, buy another identity and **** off. I'm certainly glad they don't because they're scum, but I just don't get why they don't.
                    That's a good question. I mean they certainly had the funds to give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X