No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor vs. Sergio Mora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor vs. Sergio Mora

According to Jermain Taylor's instagram and twitter, he's fighting Sergio Mora next.

Both are managed by Al Haymon.

https://twitter.com/mrbagby314/statu...538880/photo/1
    Mora by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Mora by decision
    62.50%
    Taylor by KO/TKO
    12.50%
    Taylor by decision
    0.00%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Solid fight for both guys but has the recipe to be a right stinker.
    Hopefully Mora wins as I think he'd be more likely to fight GGG and not hold the title hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Hopefully Mora wins as I think he'd be more likely to fight GGG and not hold the title hostage.
      If it is next, he either has to fight N'Dam next or unify.
      After that though, they'll probably match the winner up with Jacobs if they didn't already do it with Quillin.

Comment

Taylor wins because he's the more vulnerable opponent for Quillin or Jacobs. Doesn't mean he'll actually beat Mora, but he'll win.

Comment

I will never watch a Mora fight again

Comment

IBF gave Taylor one free fight before fighting Hassan N’Dam and he pick this should've when for a more money fight.. Hassan N’Dam beats the winner later in the year

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              He's advised by Haymon now, so I doubt it. I'm expecting the winner to face Jacobs/Quillin/N'Jikam.

Comment

Years and years ago when Taylor was the MW champ the first time around he offered a fight to Sergio Mora. Mora was to receive a $1million payday but turned down the fight because the fight was in Taylor's backyard and he felt that he wouldn't get a fair shake. Before Peter Quillen, there was Sergio Mora; the first a$$ backwards businessman!

Wonder what he'll get for this fight? Not more than $10-200K, I would suspect!

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  If it is next, he either has to fight N'Dam next or unify.
                  After that though, they'll probably match the winner up with Jacobs if they didn't already do it with Quillin.
                  Yep. In the IBF a unification takes precedence over a mandatory -seen recently with Hopkins side-stepping Mohammedi. The winner of Quillin/Jacobs would be allowed to fight the winner of Mora/Taylor before N'Dam.

And everybody laughed at Peter... He's going to be a two title champion! Who knows after he wins another decision over N'Dam, he may just unify with Lee in NY and then tell Golovkin he's a B-side and not worth his time.
                  Last edited by Eastcoast; 01-03-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Years and years ago when Taylor was the MW champ the first time around he offered a fight to Sergio Mora. Mora was to receive a $1million payday but turned down the fight because the fight was in Taylor's backyard and he felt that he wouldn't get a fair shake. Before Peter Quillen, there was Sergio Mora; the first a$$ backwards businessman!

Wonder what he'll get for this fight? Not more than $10-200K, I would suspect!
                    I remember that. He's a really arrogant guy. He was arrogant before he won that Contender show. It only intensified it.

That said, I do think he'll beat Taylor now. I just don't know if they'll give him the decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X