Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Recent Years, Which Network Put On the More Riskier Fights, Showtime or HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Recent Years, Which Network Put On the More Riskier Fights, Showtime or HBO?

each network has their own preferred promotional companies they work with. so i guess it all boils down to top rank or golden boy i.e. arum or schaefer.

all bullshit aside, which network put on the more exciting fights. here are some choices.

top rank:
    bradley vs. provodnikov - fight of the year 2013.
    pacquiao vs. marquez 4 - before the fight, both fighters promised a ko and stories came out that the loser might retire
    donaire vs. rigo - this was for the unified 122 lbs. title. a lot of hard core boxing fans were dying to see this match up materialize.

showtime:
    broner vs. maidana - upset of the year 2013.
    matthysse vs. garcia - before the fight, many thought of matthysse as the true 140 champ.
    canelo vs. trout - canelo's first true test in 154 lbs. weight division

feel free to add.

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    each network has their own preferred promotional companies they work with. so i guess it all boils down to top rank or golden boy i.e. arum or schaefer.

all bullshit aside, which network put on the more exciting fights. here are some choices.

top rank:
    bradley vs. provodnikov - fight of the year 2013.
    pacquiao vs. marquez 4 - before the fight, both fighters promised a ko and stories came out that the loser might retire
    donaire vs. rigo - this was for the unified 122 lbs. title. a lot of hard core boxing fans were dying to see this match up materialize.

showtime:
    broner vs. maidana - upset of the year 2013.
    matthysse vs. garcia - before the fight, many thought of matthysse as the true 140 champ.
    canelo vs. trout - canelo's first true test in 154 lbs. weight division

feel free to add.
    Moreno-Mares (was so happy this fight was on cause that Lara-Vanes fight was one of the worst i have ever seen).

Comment

Showtime by far if broner was still in hbo he still be undefeated ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
        I still feel he kind of lost to Paulie.

Comment

Showtime easily on quantity but Donaire-Rigo was the biggest risk of either network by far.

Comment

Yeah I think Showtime put on the tougher fights

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
              Why do you even think Broner is on Showtime? HBO was getting tired of being raped by Haymon and paying the Berto's and Broner's over a million dollars to pay them to fight the Rees and the Hernandez's.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                Why do you even think Broner is on Showtime? HBO was getting tired of being raped by Haymon and paying the Berto's and Broner's over a million dollars to pay them to fight the Rees and the Hernandez's.
                I agree in a strange way this network beef did well for us boxing fans no more of those kind of fights

Comment

Showtime has put on more competitive fights than HBO has over the last year.
                  Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 02-20-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Definitely showtime. They got Mares KO'd and AB lose his 0, Angulo might KO Canelo too lol

Comment

Working...
                    X