No announcement yet.

Supplement Reviews and Suggestions Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplement Reviews and Suggestions Thread

I have finally gotten some many to buy some workout supplements. It has seriously been like 2 years.

Just throw in the reviews of supplements you have tried and what ones you would suggest people to use or stay away from.

I buy BULK (Nutra Planet dot com)

Citrulline Malate
    Propionyl L-Carnitine
    Taurine
    Beta Alanine

and

Xtend BCAA

for during my workouts.
    No stimulants

before bed

MST ZMK
    (Zinc, Magnesium and Mineral Complex)

------

for health benefit reasons I take

Fish Oil
    Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Maca Root
    Raw Cocoa Powder
    Ubiquinol CoQ10
    Protein Powder
    Vitamin C
    Last edited by chico 305; 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

A multivit a day keeps the product away, but be sure it contains at least 200 meg of supplement b folic level of acidity.....

Comment

I'd be here all day if I was too type out a list of what I used & too rate them. Being honest I spend way too much on supplements (silly I know) Though I have cut down a lot as of late.

I'll put a few that are staples & I rate very highly.

Jack3d, awesome pre workout for me. Great energy, strength with no crash or unwanted sides.

Dymatize Elite whey - It's basically exactly the same as Gold standard but £15 cheaper. Can't say a bad word about it, best value whey on the market bar non.

Universal nutrition Animal Pak - Contains all your essential vitamins & minerals in good doses plus enzymes, amino acids etc

MHP - Up your mass - Pretty expensive weight gainer/meal replacement mind you I think all are, but if you can get discount or find it on an offer and are after a top notch weight gainer you will do well to find better than this.

Few supplements off the top of my head I really did not get on with and I'd say avoid (though you might personally get on great with them)

Superpump 250 & the new one, should rename it superdump. Made me feel bloated/sick, couldn't stop going to the toilet.

Nutrisport protein 90%- I only used to buy it because it was cheap & it contained slower digesting proteins and was perfect before bed but they keep changing the flavourings. The last two have been absolutely vile, horrible mixibility and the after taste, fcuking hell is that **** nasty.

Comment

I have yet to try Jack3d but have heard nothing but good things about it. I have tried all the other big pre workout supps... NO Xplode, Black Powder, and Superpump 250. The only one I really liked was Black Powder but that stuff was so sugary.

For proteins my absolute favorite is Nature's Best Isopure, the only problem with it is it's way overpriced so I usually get the ON whey for the price.

I have gotten the Universal Nutrition packs before one did Animal Stak and Animal Pack. I mean it definitely worked I just think it was too overpriced for multis (the pack that is).

Comment

Some of the best supplements I ever tried are:

PRE-WORKOUT

-NO XPLODE 2.0
            -C4
            -Assault

Any of these pre-workout supplements will give you the extra mile when you are working out.

INTRA-WORKOUT

volumaize

While your are working.

POST-WORKOUT

CELLMASS

It will help you to recover faster.

Comment

Im not really into anything aside from protein based supplements. I just don't like creatine, NO2, fat burners, testosterone enhancers, etc. . .

So here are some reviews of protein/recovery shakes I've tried:

BSN Syntha-6.
              - As you know, my favorite is BSN Syntha-6 (Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor).
              - Pros: Only 2 grams of Sugar ("simple carbs") per serving. It provides the ideal ratio of complex carbs (13g)/protein(23g)/ healthy fats(6g) for immediate post-workout recovery. It provides whey, and casein protein. It's much more than just a basic "protein shake". It will help maintain lean muscle mass while losing weight (i.e. ensures most of the weight you lose is fat). It has 5 grams of dietary fiber to help meet you daily fiber intake goals, and aids in digestion. VERY TASTY! For me, this is very important because it makes me more eager to workout, and workout harder. . . Just thinking of drinking that creamy, vanilla milkshake to replenish my muscles makes me pump out that extra rep, or run for those extra 10 minutes.
              - Cons: Can be pricey if you don't find a good buy. Isn't exactly a "true" protein shake because about half of the calories come from carbs (COMPLEX CARBS), and fats (healthy fats). . .

Comment

GNC 100% Whey Protein. (Vanilla Flavor)

- Pros: Very cheap source of straight whey protein. Easy to blend up with a banana, strawberries, etc. to make more of a complete recovery shake.

- Cons: Chalky, bland taste if mixed plain. No essential vitamins, minerals, or amino acids. Can be very hard to mix up in just a shaker cup; lumpy. Very low quality of protein. Only provides whey protein, and not casein.

Comment

I've gone through just about every brand over the last however many years and to date, the best supplements, and only one's I currently use are;

BSN Syntha-6
                  SAS WPI80 Whey Protein
                  SAS Mass Attack (purely during a bulking phase for an extra 1000 liquid calories)
                  Beast Sports CREATure (creatine blend)

For me, those are all 10/10 supplements and all are very well priced, BSN being the most expensive, slightly. Both SAS supps provide everything you want from that type of supplement, they are great and taste brilliant in either chocolate or choc/orange; £23 from a mass gainer of that quality can't be knocked. Then there's CREATure which is the best creatine supp available IMO, I get better results from creatine blends than from straight monohydrate.

After bodybuilding for this long, I find pre-workout, intra-workout, test boosters and virtually everything else to be a waste of money and simply another product put out to get money from you. I get everything I need from whole food and the 4 supplements that I have in constant supply.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    I've gone through just about every brand over the last however many years and to date, the best supplements, and only one's I currently use are;

BSN Syntha-6
                    SAS WPI80 Whey Protein
                    SAS Mass Attack (purely during a bulking phase for an extra 1000 liquid calories)
                    Beast Sports CREATure (creatine blend)

For me, those are all 10/10 supplements and all are very well priced, BSN being the most expensive, slightly. Both SAS supps provide everything you want from that type of supplement, they are great and taste brilliant in either chocolate or choc/orange; £23 from a mass gainer of that quality can't be knocked. Then there's CREATure which is the best creatine supp available IMO, I get better results from creatine blends than from straight monohydrate.

After bodybuilding for this long, I find pre-workout, intra-workout, test boosters and virtually everything else to be a waste of money and simply another product put out to get money from you. I get everything I need from whole food and the 4 supplements that I have in constant supply.

Heh heh, it makes me feel a lot better for recommending this with the support of such an experienced knowledgeable body builder.

Comment

Working...
                    X