No announcement yet.

Roy Jones "Anderson Silva is the Best; I Love UFC"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
    Yea, there are a lot of posers in the mma fanbase, which is probably the most irritating thing about the sport. I like it otherwise, even though its not nearly as deep as pure boxing or pure wrestling.

I mean, guys that trained at mma gyms would challenge me and I would honestly pretty easily handle them. and all Ive ever done is a little wrestling in high school, and trained myself in boxing(which is vastly inferior to going to a real gym). and yet theyve been doing mma or karate or some sort of martial art for longer than Ive been self training myself....yet I beat them in standup and on the ground.

I dont know, I like mma, but a lot of them seem to have this odd superiority complex, always insisting that mma fighters would easily beat any boxer in a 'real' fight.
    when in reality, a 'real' fight doesnt have rules, and any mma fighter would get murdered in a second by a guy with a gun or knife. or a purposeful groin shot, for that matter.

they are sports, for entertainment, not deathmatches. and the fans always want to think of themselves as 'better', just because they think their sport is 'superior'. its odd.
    Its not like theyre ALL like that by any means, but Ive met a fair share that are like that.
    True, in a street fight I would consider a skillful Krav-Maga artist for example. Trey train how to fare well with and against weapons such like knives, sticks, club, even pistols without any Hollywood-bull****.

I once saw a TV-show where a host who had been training martial arts for his lifetime got taught how to defend against knives. With little training he blocked 10 or 11 ferocious knife attacks from 360-degree angles before being stabbed in his neck.

Of course it was made with training equipment, bu still that says something. Also in places where's not much space to move, you don't even have space to throw a kick. Krav-maga has been developed also in these situation with lethal things like eye-poking, throat-crushing strikes, trips, whatever to end the fight INSTANTLY causing death or severe crippling.

The most scary thing is that they actually sparr using these techniques.
    Last edited by khepesh; 08-12-2009, 09:45 AM. Reason: correcting for absolute clarity =P

Comment

Working...
    X