Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motivation to Box !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What people who don't do boxing don't like to take into account is the amount of effort our sport takes. We're just amateurs right, we're just doing this for fun, no payment. We train between 3-5 times a week, Sunday league footballers have a training once a week and then maybe a match. That's their sport. So, in boxing, motivation is an issue.

The best way to motivate yourself is to just do it, sounds silly but it's true. One day last week I couldn't really be bothered to train, I was still stiff from some pretty tough training earlier on in the week, but I just went along and thought "if I get tired I can just take it easier", I finished the Uni' session, thought, pfff, **** that's not enough boxing, walked to my other gym which was open that night and trained there too, one after the other, the same night I originally couldn't be assed. The best way to motivate yourself is just to regulate yourself, I train monday, tuesday, thursday (possibly twice) and saturday. If i'm ill, I wont train, if I have work which HAS to be done or i'm away I wont train, they're my only credible excuses and i've yet to use one.

You know, sometimes doing boxing does suck, not because of the sport but because it does take up a lot of your time. When I go to the gym it takes an hours walk there and back, i'm out from 6 til 10:15 or so, then I have to shower, cook and eat. 3 days a week I have no evening, but I quite enjoy the fact that my life has abit more of a time table now. So just regulate it, and don't use work as an excuse not to go unless you've got an essay in for the next day etc. you have all day to work, just do it, and you have all non training days evenings to do it so just think ahead. Best advice I can give.

Comment

That sounds like very good advice i done the training side of it wasn't great at the boxing side of training i was serving an apprenticeship at the time & you know how they treat you they get every hours work out of you i used to work 15 or 16 hour days so eventually i had to give it up had i not had to give it up a long with others sports i used to play etc i would have totally ate + steeped boxing & it would be very good lifestyle + the fact you will always learn something new & perfect it you sound like you know where your going to go as far as you can i never got the chance to do it & it was 1 of my dreams when they opened a boxing club all id say is just go with it & live every min of it & rewards will be great.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
        What people who don't do boxing don't like to take into account is the amount of effort our sport takes. We're just amateurs right, we're just doing this for fun, no payment. We train between 3-5 times a week, Sunday league footballers have a training once a week and then maybe a match. That's their sport. So, in boxing, motivation is an issue.

The best way to motivate yourself is to just do it, sounds silly but it's true. One day last week I couldn't really be bothered to train, I was still stiff from some pretty tough training earlier on in the week, but I just went along and thought "if I get tired I can just take it easier", I finished the Uni' session, thought, pfff, **** that's not enough boxing, walked to my other gym which was open that night and trained there too, one after the other, the same night I originally couldn't be assed. The best way to motivate yourself is just to regulate yourself, I train monday, tuesday, thursday (possibly twice) and saturday. If i'm ill, I wont train, if I have work which HAS to be done or i'm away I wont train, they're my only credible excuses and i've yet to use one.

You know, sometimes doing boxing does suck, not because of the sport but because it does take up a lot of your time. When I go to the gym it takes an hours walk there and back, i'm out from 6 til 10:15 or so, then I have to shower, cook and eat. 3 days a week I have no evening, but I quite enjoy the fact that my life has abit more of a time table now. So just regulate it, and don't use work as an excuse not to go unless you've got an essay in for the next day etc. you have all day to work, just do it, and you have all non training days evenings to do it so just think ahead. Best advice I can give.
        Hahaha, it takes me 40 minutes to walk to my gm, that just shows how eager i am to do it. I understand ur mthod of motivation, and you know what it actually somewhat works, because i tried it, when i didnt feel like, and all of a sudden i go absorbed to do it. Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by jackal56 View Post
          That sounds like very good advice i done the training side of it wasn't great at the boxing side of training i was serving an apprenticeship at the time & you know how they treat you they get every hours work out of you i used to work 15 or 16 hour days so eventually i had to give it up had i not had to give it up a long with others sports i used to play etc i would have totally ate + steeped boxing & it would be very good lifestyle + the fact you will always learn something new & perfect it you sound like you know where your going to go as far as you can i never got the chance to do it & it was 1 of my dreams when they opened a boxing club all id say is just go with it & live every min of it & rewards will be great.

That kind of sucks, but you don't have to particularly do boxing to become a boxer, it's also a great way to lose pounds, become lean, and just learn the art of defence.

Oh btw, i just finished GTA 3 in more then 5 years since i had the game.

Its me beating the last mission.

Comment

Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
            That kind of sucks, but you don't have to particularly do boxing to become a boxer, it's also a great way to lose pounds, become lean, and just learn the art of defence.

Oh btw, i just finished GTA 3 in more then 5 years since i had the game.

Its me beating the last mission.

Listen man i can't live what you got the chance of doing because i was in a bad car crash when i still had time to do i was still going to the gym the odd time but then in a few secs my life change to you a may sound like a wimp but you should either give it up or stop slacking & turn yourself into a fighting machine ive to fight everyday i live know but i welcome all the pain & the long days ive to beat it when you go threw pain & feel noting anymore then you can't fail win lose or draw just meet it head on id be glad to hear if you make it you would put a lot of time into GTA so why can't you do it with boxing i have 2 cousins who love it all day at it even when watching tv there shadow boxing with my uncle & thats saying a lot when my uncle is a pensioner.

Enzo & Joe Calzaghe's moto True cahmpions find a way

Comment

Gta

Brings back mems im sorry i gave it away to my cousin i did it something similar must say if you box as well as you play you must be original & **** hot.
              hahaha great piece of cinema

Comment

Originally posted by jackal56 View Post
                Brings back mems im sorry i gave it away to my cousin i did it something similar must say if you box as well as you play you must be original & **** hot.
                hahaha great piece of cinema

i'm sorry about what happened to you, whatever god took away from you, he surely did give you something valueble or he will with time. What you said really did motivate me, and you know time will go by, and its either now or never. It's going to take a lot of work, but i'mma try doing my best and surely if ill ever make it, i'll always know how what you said and that you gave me a push.

Hahaha, i actualy recorded that last night, it took me about 1hr. Just thought i'd show some people.

Well i'mma gona go skip rope, after what you wrote hahaha

Comment

Before you go ive a nice pic of a Canadian legend going putting into my albums know have a look in a few mins if you like.
                  Whats your fav Ali saying?

Comment

Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
                    i'm sorry about what happened to you, whatever god took away from you, he surely did give you something valueble or he will with time. What you said really did motivate me, and you know time will go by, and its either now or never. It's going to take a lot of work, but i'mma try doing my best and surely if ill ever make it, i'll always know how what you said and that you gave me a push.

Hahaha, i actualy recorded that last night, it took me about 1hr. Just thought i'd show some people.

Well i'mma gona go skip rope, after what you wrote hahaha
                    Ive put up that photo of a Canadian Legend

Comment

don't motivate yourself for fame or money, motivate yourself because you enjoy boxing and the sport. if you can't motivate yourself, then boxing isn't for you! sorry bruv.

Comment

Working...
                      X