Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a age limit to enter Olympics for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Jay View Post
    how do you make the team?? i mean i know you gotta win tournaments but is there a specific tournament for the team??
    That answer I don't know bro.... I am guessing you have to start winning national golden gloves... And, PAM ams... And, also being in the international tournaments.... You probably get invited to join the team... But, I don't know how accurate that is bro... Somebody else who knows how it works will answer that question...

Comment

Yeah you can enter, as an amateur you can compete until you're 34.

Comment

The age limit for amateur boxing is 34--so you have plenty of time for the next 2 Olympics.

Comment

National Golden Gloves dosent qualify you for the olympics anymore. The first Olympic qualifying event is national pals october 2010 in san antonio tx and every tournament from there. You got to start winning almost all the tournaments you fight in if you want to get ranked. The 165 class has a lot of good fighters you would have to go through Jesse Hurt, Luis Arias, Kenton Sippio-Cook, Terrel Gausha.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Antonio Tarver was already 27 or 28 years old when he competed in the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
            X