2pac - All Eyez On Me
      Biggie - Notorious Thugs
      Jay-Z - The Takeover

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
          Nightmares, huh?
          interesting choice.
          i thought that there were way better tracks on that album!
          how come?
          I just like the perspective that they're rapping from on that track

I like crack rap (Jeezy, Gucci, etc.), but the majority of it is either cliche or unrealistic

the way the Clipse rapped about paranoia and their eventual downfalls was pretty unique, it showed vulnerability

Comment

Nas - Ether
            Nas - I gave you Power
            Nas - Hero

Comment

ill Bill ft Necro - Our life - First ever rap record i heard, **** got me hooked, a classic still to this day

Jedi Mind Tricks - Uncommon Valor - Possibly one of the greatest rap songs of all time. RA's verse is second to none

Army of the Pharaohs - Swords Drawn - Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
                Nas - Halftime

I always thought I was one of a few who preferred Halftime to anything else on Illmatic.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
                  I always thought I was one of a few who preferred Halftime to anything else on Illmatic.
                  I remember when i first heard Illmatic, 'Halftime' was the track getting most plays for me at the time. I think it was the flow and bassline just sucks you in.

After a few listens though, 'One Love' has always been my Illmatic track.

Comment

Lupe Fiasco - Hurt Me Soul

Common - I Used To Love H.E.R.

Nas - It Ain't Hard To Tell

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
                      I just like the perspective that they're rapping from on that track

I like crack rap (Jeezy, Gucci, etc.), but the majority of it is either cliche or unrealistic

the way the Clipse rapped about paranoia and their eventual downfalls was pretty unique, it showed vulnerability
                      i agree with that completely.
                      i remember thinking the same thing when i listened to the track. how vulnerable. it's so rare that you hear artists expose the other side like that.

while we are on the topic though, i would just like to say that Hell Hath No Fury is almost a classic, if not a classic modern hip hop release. when i copped that album i banged it from morning till night. it was on steady rotation in my whip for TIME. that **** banged SO hard. i was so impressed with it because prior to that i really didn't expect much from the CLIPSE. i went into the album with a mentality of, how good can this really be, and came out feeling like how much better can it get???
                      The CLIPSE are some seriously underrated MCs.

Comment

Working...
                      X