Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best counter-puncher in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
    Marquez and Toney are the goat counter punchers. Canelo or DSG may be the best today.
    They're the greatest counterpunchers of all time yet struggle with counterpunchers/boxers

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
      1. Don't know that's of current

2. Ali / Mayweather
      Ali was not a good counter puncher in his youth he won by speed using the ropes as rope a dope was not good ,took to many blows to the head look how he was left. Wilfred Benitez was far better

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Mayweather
        Whittaker
        Toney
        Holyfield
        Roy Jones
        Arguello
        Benitez
        Yep, we're done.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          They're the greatest counterpunchers of all time yet struggle with counterpunchers/boxers
          I think natural counter punchers will always be troubled by boxers. For one they are usually dependent on the other fighters to create a good portion of their offense

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            I think natural counter punchers will always be troubled by boxers. For one they are usually dependent on the other fighters to create a good portion of their offense
            Makes no sense.

If you're the best counterpuncher then a boxer or counterpuncher should be the easiest style to beat necause you're better at it than they are.

Roy Jones for example is a ten times better counter puncher than Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Ali was not a good counter puncher in his youth he won by speed using the ropes as rope a dope was not good ,took to many blows to the head look how he was left. Wilfred Benitez was far better

Have you seen Benitez current condition? Stupid logic on your part. As usual.

Comment

How is Marquez a better counter-puncher than Floyd, when Floyd spanked him in their fight?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I thought the same thing lol. Jones easily beat Toney and Mayweather toyed with Marquez. The difference in skill level makes it ridiculous to rate Marquez and Toney over them.

Comment

Lol at whoever picked canela😂. I can tell that's the only fighter they watch and follow. Everytime i hear counter punching doe, i think of marquez vs barrera-brilliance!!

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      Have you seen Benitez current condition? Stupid logic on your part. As usual.
                      Ali had alot more longevity than Benitez aswell

Comment

Working...
                      X