Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: In 2-3 Weeks I'll Decide on Facing Spence or Going To 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually believe Brook. I would LOVE to see Brook vs Spence...........I honestly believe that is the best fight at 147. It sounds a little convenient. But I don't think Brook is ducking here..........but I do believe his body/weight may help him dodge a bullet......

But at 154, there are no slouches. I'd expect him to try the weight once and then see him vs Andrade, Lara, etc., pretty quick........

I do think Spence, at least based on available competition right now, is all he's cracked up to be and more. He's an excellently balanced fighter with a potent killer instinct and great skill, speed, etc. I don't think he'd have much trouble with Garcia or Thurman to be honest........I think Brook has the style to make it a tough out for him though........

Just my opinion. I could be wrong. But being the only guy to KO Algieri and Bundu was no easy task.......I think Spence vs Crawford is a major super-fight in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      As if you hasn't had enough time already to make a fuking Decision on what you want to do Kell

He not fighting Spence Jr it is kinda obvious at this point! 154 is loaded with up and coming talent so 154 won't be easier. If he is moving up to 154 at least fight Austin Trout or Vanes Martaroysian or Michel Soro for his first fight at 154. With him being the IBF Champion at 147 why not go straight for Jermall Charlo IBF Strap at 154 that would be a excellent fight!
      I think you gotta give the guy a bit of a break........A broken orbital is not that easy to come back from. I doubt if he can even spar yet...........

Comment

You're not draining yourself to WW.....give up the belt

Brook as I've said before isn't going to drain himself to WW to fight a young, hungry and very dangerous opponent after having facial surgery. Come on Brook you're brave but you aint crazy. Let the young man fight for the belt.

Comment

Brook vs. Spence would be awesome to see.

I think Spence is a really tough opponent for Brook.
          As far as money Brook could posture himself to either try to get Manny at 147 or Cotto at 154. There are a lot of good fights to make in either division.

But I think it's safe to say Canelo is done with 154 heading into Cinco de Mayo which may open up the field a bit.

Comment

All the signs are pointing to Brook moving up and vacating. They know Spence is a tough fight and even in the case where Brook wins it's not a HUGE win in the sense of name sake (Spence is still relatively unknown) and or money. He took a leap fighting GGG where he had moments but going back down to 147 might starch him at this point. People will say he ducked Spence but if he goes up and ends up fighting a Lara or Charlo it's tough to say he took the "easier" route. If he does move to 154 though I hope he fights a top 5 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
              I think you gotta give the guy a bit of a break........A broken orbital is not that easy to come back from. I doubt if he can even spar yet...........

Even with Injury really not that hard to make a decision as far as what you will do when he can return!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Could have predicted Kell would avoid Khan and Spence, just like he avoided nearly every good fighter in the entire division with only a single decent welterweight on his record in 13 years as a pro.
                Let's see if Khan fights the winner of Garcia-Thurman or Spence.

I bet Khan avoids Thurman if he beats Garcia. Thurman would put his lights out.

Comment

How is turning down 30% as champ To khans 70% ducking him it is a blatant shake down insult. Not fighting Spence is not fear he fought the baddest around ggg it's all risk no reward it's not a big $ fight in U.K. Spence while awesome is not well known yet wake up !

Comment

I wish all you Floyd fan boys held him to same judgement for all his cherry picking catch weights remember poor Marquez ? A lightweight canella while still green Guerrero the killer Berto the killer no porter Thurman Spence ggg brook that's ok though

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Even with Injury really not that hard to make a decision as far as what you will do when he can return!
                      NOt if he legitimately wants to make the fight given Spence's willingness to travel, the fact Spence is a big draw here on free TV with 6 mil viewers and Brook is even bigger in the UK......

Spence may not be the A-side in the matchup.......but I don't see Andrade or Lara going to the UK to fight him. With Spence, a loss wouldn't hurt, a win would be HUGE......same with 154. It's a legitimately tough decision. Cotto could be HUGE in the US if Cotto gets by his next fight and they set something up for the PR Day parade at MSG........

It's a case of a fighter that showed balls now having real options......he's not ducking, he's making the best decision possible. And he's earned the time......

Comment

Working...
                      X