Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth is, without that crap title Jacobs would have probably been better off in negotiations for this fight. Now, with that purse bid looming over, his only true negotiating chip is the threat of dropping the title, or the threat of haymon winning the bid. Team Golovkin knows their guy needs a big MW fight. Or at least I hope they do. This fight doesn't happen in purse bid. So I would expect both sides to figure something out within the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Didn't he already vacate it instead? I could see him doing that though and saying it's on his path to GGG and he's building it up. I wouldn't put it past him. And the WBA will be all for it because it means more money for them.

Danny has leverage... he has that Brooklyn Barclay Belt... Golovkin doesn't even have a MSG belt
      He didn't vacate, he was stripped b/c he was inactive for 7 months. They let Blanco fight Khomitsky for the title, then 2 weeks later Eubank defended the same interim title vs Tony Jeter knowing that he would be stripped immediately afterwards. Mendoza recently said he'd like to have Eubank/Blanco, with Blanco still holding the title after 12 months of inactivity. Madness all around.

That's an interesting idea - Golovkin beats Jacob's for the Barclay title, then later donates it to the MSG display case.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I don't have time to be going through people's post history and I doubt it goes back that far anyway. I've been here long enough and seen plenty of your posts.

You DEFINITELY DIDN'T say "it was ok" doe.
        No you haven't and its a good thing cause you won't find what you think you will.

That "it was ok" was a fun little jab. Re-read it and understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          "GGG didn't take the 60/40 offer because he's ducking" will happen shortly. It'll have a new thread about it and everything.
          How in the f ck is Jacobs worth 40% . Just
          Cause he's with Al Haymon and Pbc who have over price their fighters and match them against no hoppers. I'm glad the Wba stuck to their rules with these begging assses. By the way tell Haymon to come up with the difference for the purse Jacobs wants.

Comment

Rules are Rules, and these rules are for EVERYONE so it is FAIR.
            Jacobs better step up since he is a challenger and make a name for him self and stop being in the shadows... OR RETIRE.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
              Cause he's with Al Haymon and Pbc who have over price their fighters and match them against no hoppers. I'm glad the Wba stuck to their rules with these begging assses. By the way tell Haymon to come up with the difference for the purse Jacobs wants.
              sounds like K2 promotions.

Comment

Boxing needs a serious overhaul, they need imaginative people at the helm to grow the sport of boxing. While I hate the UFC and the monopoly it presents, they do make money, and generate plenty of revenue in the process, even if their fighters are making peanuts.

Haymon has had cards where the purses themselves will exceed 10 million dollars but the gate generates 2-3 million. How do you keep boxing growing and get people interested in the sport when you have issues like that? And I'm assuming that's every network because HBO/Showtime's budget has been crap this year.

We can talk bad about the fighters and the amount of money they are demanding, unfortunately the sport itself has not grown with the demands of the money, and it won't survive that way unless they think of better ways to reach out to the sports community/casual fans.

I'd love for boxing to try and generate a new source of boxing for people, it needs exposure, people need to be able to see fights on a daily basis, present and past fights, there is a rich history to boxing that no one outside of the sport truly understands, I think it's a shame honestly.

Comment

Haymon should leverage a deal with K2 - let Danny have another interim fight and he'll let GGG fight Quillin in December for $200k.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
                    He probably isnt worth 40% per se but its not completely unreasonable. And if it gets the fight done or of they can use it as a baseline to get the fight done, then it should at least be considered. Because at the end of the day, Golovkin is outta options and if he fights another pointless fight this year, then that would be a true waste.

Comment

75-25 seems a bit lopsided, but then again Jacobs-Quillin fought in their hometown and didn't sell it out so shrug.

I would have thought they'd settle on something like 65-35 or 70-30.

Comment

Working...
                      X