Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felix Sturm vs Darren Barker (who wins)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    I really don't know. As a Londoner I want Barker to win but I'm not one of those who put down fighters because of geography. I like Sturm but he hasn't really beaten a decent fighter since Sylvester 5 years ago and you could put in an argument that Sylvester wasn't that could (well several arguments).

Back in the day Sturm would have been no more than a European Champ & there's **** all wrong with that in my opinion.

I know he was robbed against DLH but he really hasn't beaten a top, top fighter - other than that travesty - and DLH's last decent win was against Vargas in 2002.

Barkers only decent win was against Geale. Every other win was against C list fighters. However, he also performed well in a losing effort against the excellent Martinez.

It will be a great fight for the purists. I hope I'm not working when it's on.
    Well the direction his career went along and who he fought is one thing, but him beating DLH shows that at the very least he was a talented fighter who had skills.

And his opposition has been a bit better then what you think IMO, he's recently fought Geale, Macklin and Murray. Whether those guys would be competitive in another era, I can't say, but those were all top 10 guys at the time he fought them.

If Sturm would of stayed and fought in the USA his career would of been more satisfying but I doubt HBO offered him another fight and with that said who can blame him for wanting to go and fight in his home country where he'll probably be a star after getting robbed big time in his first fight in the States

Comment

I think lack of power not withstanding that they are both capable of out pointing the other. It should be a clean technical fight. The winner for me comes down to who prepares better. Barker should is full of confidence now and should be thinking like and training like he's the champ. Sturm is a bigger question mark right now. He has looked a bit to comfortable and even lazy fighting at home. He wrongly got away with that against Macklin but went on to perform better against Murray although I still think he lost.

I'm leaning toward Barker on points but if Sturm turns up looking positive fights like he's hungry it could be interesting.

Comment

Working...
      X