Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dunno but i do know froch is the better fighter & will most likely end up having the better resume.

Comment

There is only one Ricky Hatton and it would be unmatched, Its too late for Froch because he was never sold in the right way to the fans, He had a previous promoter who did a terrible job of promoting him, Frank warren who promotes Hatton at the time was a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Do you think this fight will propel him into the limelight like the Hatton-Tszyu fight? I hope it does because I cant help but love this guys attitude and demeanor.
        I think it will make him a bigger star over here but he wont come close 2 being as big as hatton. Hatton was managed better when he was up and coming. Froch wouldn't sell 55,000 tickets fighting someone of the calibre of lazcano.

Comment

Hatton was still in his 20s when he managed to do all that. He started to build a big fanbase at a young age. Froch is almost 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Froch is a warrior, a man who will fight anyone, anywhere and who's style is very entertaining. With that said will his fans follow him by the thousands from country to country like Hattons fans did for him? The UK has some great fans, I'd like to see them embrace Froch like they did Ricky.
            If I was British I would. That Nottingham crowd was so juiced it made me feel proud and I'm not British. I was already a Froch fan, but he really earned my respect and support last night!

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              If I was British I would. That Nottingham crowd was so juiced it made me feel proud and I'm not British. I was already a Froch fan, but he really earned my respect and support last night!
              British fans. I'm British and I love a good, loud, steamed British sports crowd.

We are thee most deafening fans in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                There is only one Ricky Hatton
                'bout time you acknowledged this

Comment

If Froch had turned pro with a decent promoter and been built up properly im sure he would be a huge star now but at 35 years old i fear its too late for him to reach superstar level in the UK, its a shame cause he is a true warrior and should be a national treasure but Mick Hennesey ****ed up the early part of his career!

Comment

Ricky's image was brilliantly created by Frank Warren, it made him the huge draw he became. Warren marketed him as your dumb but witty mate who happened to box a bit.

Froch, on the other hand, and for all that I think he's a superior fighter, comes off as far too confident and intelligent for the mainstream British sports public to ever embrace him as one of their own.

We British like happy idiots, and we like plucky losers. Ricky fulfilled both roles admirably. (Not criticising Ricky's excellent career, just that he never reached the very, very pinnacle of the sport. Brits like to feel dismayed, we're a strange bunch).

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                      Ricky's image was brilliantly created by Frank Warren, it made him the huge draw he became. Warren marketed him as your dumb but witty mate who happened to box a bit.

Froch, on the other hand, and for all that I think he's a superior fighter, comes off as far too confident and intelligent for the mainstream British sports public to ever embrace him as one of their own.

We British like happy idiots, and we like plucky losers. Ricky fulfilled both roles admirably. (Not criticising Ricky's excellent career, just that he never reached the very, very pinnacle of the sport. Brits like to feel dismayed, we're a strange bunch).
                      I would agree with this.

The likes of Frank Bruno, Ricky Hatton, Barry McGuigan, Nigel Benn ect.

All underrated boxers (IMO) and down to earth men.

Comment

Working...
                      X