Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins this round??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm amazed we can't get a simple thread with people answering a simple question with their opinion as opposed to saying some troll **** or coming at someone else's favorite fighter indirectly in some random off topic way.

Lol actually this is nsb forums I'm lying my a*s off I'm not surprised.

To answer the question: Fighter B wins the round on paper. But this isn't how boxing is judged.

If Fighter A clearly controlled the round using ring generalship, landing clean jabs, and landing two SIGNIFICANT eye-catching power punches as opposed to Fighter B's 11 either partially blocked or arm punch power shots or just threw so many power punches that 11 of them got in not too cleanly I mean Fighter A can make a case and possibly win the round on some judges scorecards. There's more to winning than just punches you landed vs. punches that were landed on you.

The fighter's job is to convince the judges he won the round, not compubox. There's ways to do that without landing more punches than your opponent. It takes elite skill.
    Last edited by lolpz; 11-18-2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Wheres the Defense? wheres the Ring-Generalship? we score by the four criteria in boxing -- schools out.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        I'm amazed we can't get a simple thread with people answering a simple question with their opinion as opposed to saying some troll **** or coming at someone else's favorite fighter indirectly in some random off topic way.

yes but who won the rd ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          yes but who won the rd ?
          I edited the post with my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Wheres the defense? wheres the Ring-Generalship? we score by the four criteria in boxing -- schools out.
            im assuming everything else is even. jab vs power. which wins out.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              im assuming everything else is even. jab vs power. which wins out.
              You dont get to change the question Elroy, I'ma have to give you an F ; you flunked.

Comment

I edited the post with my answer.
                ok.

id say mr power punch wins the fan score card. most fans love them some aggression.

this is why may doesnt get the credit he deserves. he didnt go out there seeking a ko.

OP is too vague with his scenario.

Comment

fighter A....

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    You dont get to change the question Elroy, I'ma have to give you an F ; you flunked.
                    ok then, YOU tell us how each fighter did in those other categories (going off of the OP scenario) ?!?!?

remember, no embellishing or making shlt up as you go along

btw, only teachers can flunk students. youre no teacher and im no student

Comment

To answer the question: Fighter B wins the round on paper. But this isn't how boxing is judged.

If Fighter A clearly controlled the round using ring generalship, landing clean jabs, and landing two SIGNIFICANT eye-catching power punches as opposed to Fighter B's 11 either partially blocked or arm punch power shots or just threw so many power punches that 11 of them got in not too cleanly I mean Fighter A can make a case and possibly win the round on some judges scorecards. There's more to winning than just punches you landed vs. punches that were landed on you.

The fighter's job is to convince the judges he won the round, not compubox. There's ways to do that without landing more punches than your opponent. It takes elite skill.
                      Exactly what I was going to say. Boxing is not that simple to score. The permutations in this scenario are endless.

Comment

Working...
                      X