I met carl "the corba" froch today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met carl "the corba" froch today

I met Carl "the cobra" froch Today!
    He trains at my gym i was very surprised to see him and this is the first pro boxer ive met who is so close to a world title so i was a little giggy hehe but didnt show it
    We talked for a bit and he was telling me how he was calzaghes manditory for about a year then he was telling me how frank warren owes calzaghe money from his last fight.
    He says calzaghe has left warren but i doubt it and he was saying he might be fighting jermain taylor for wbc title or the wbc is going to give him the title.
    He has a chance against jermain if jermain fades i think he has a punchers chance hes a big super middlewieght like pavlik standing 6ft1.
    I got a pic of me and him but not got it on the pc yet also he looks pretty tough but we shall see when he fights jermain well thats if.
    Hes a sound guy and i hope he wins the wbc title.

Originally posted by sterling View Post
    I met Carl "the cobra" froch Today!
    He trains at my gym i was very surprised to see him and this is the first pro boxer ive met who is so close to a world title so i was a little giggy hehe but didnt show it
    We talked for a bit and he was telling me how he was calzaghes manditory for about a year then he was telling me how frank warren owes calzaghe money from his last fight.
    He says calzaghe has left warren but i doubt it and he was saying he might be fighting jermain taylor for wbc title or the wbc is going to give him the title.
    He has a chance against jermain if jermain fades i think he has a punchers chance hes a big super middlewieght like pavlik standing 6ft1.
    I got a pic of me and him but not got it on the pc yet also he looks pretty tough but we shall see when he fights jermain well thats if.
    Hes a sound guy and i hope he wins the wbc title.

If he trains at your gym why is this the first time you have seen him? Just curious.

Comment

I've met him a few times and he is one of the most down to earth people you could know. He comes across as being pretty arrogant in front of the media but that is all to gather hype to get people talking about Carl. Last time i spoke to him was last July, at the time he wasn't really in the title frame but he said his chance will be coming soon.

It's nearly been a year and although he is the frontrunner for the WBC strap hasn't made the progress i was hoping for. I hope when the chance is there, he succeeds as he isn't getting any younger and his prime will be over before making any waves.

Froch/Taylor is the fight i most want as they are my two favourite fighters of the higher weights as i'm a far bigger fan of the smaller weight classes. I hope this comes off by the autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
        If he trains at your gym why is this the first time you have seen him? Just curious.
        Lol il reply to this post again.
        duno i only started training at that gym like 2 months ago and he comes at different times as me of course.
        I went to the gym today at a time i dont normally come and there wasnt many people there so i suppose he picks that time to go train so he doesnt get bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          I've met him a few times and he is one of the most down to earth people you could know. He comes across as being pretty arrogant in front of the media but that is all to gather hype to get people talking about Carl. Last time i spoke to him was last July, at the time he wasn't really in the title frame but he said his chance will be coming soon.

It's nearly been a year and although he is the frontrunner for the WBC strap hasn't made the progress i was hoping for. I hope when the chance is there, he succeeds as he isn't getting any younger and his prime will be over before making any waves.

Froch/Taylor is the fight i most want as they are my two favourite fighters of the higher weights as i'm a far bigger fan of the smaller weight classes. I hope this comes off by the autumn.
          Hopefully Froch will get his title fight soon.

It annoys me that Calzaghe won't just vacate and let others fight for the titles. It seems that he won't be fighting at 168 again, so he there is no point hanging on to the belts until retirement.

Comment

Iv spoken to carl several times, yes he seems sound as a pound. Forest season ticket holder. Usualy sits back row in main stand.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
              Iv spoken to carl several times, yes he seems sound as a pound. Forest season ticket holder. Usualy sits back row in main stand.
              Seen him last season in block F. I don't think it was his usual seat though because he's not been their since. Maybe it was me wanting to try and speak to him about boxing while he was trying to watch the football.

He could have at least jabbed me to get his point across.

Comment

i met michael gomez in ASDA. awesome man we brought beans

Comment

Originally posted by hunter010 View Post
                  i met michael gomez in ASDA. awesome man we brought beans
                  If Michael Gomez was in ASDA he'd be shoplifting.

Comment

Sorry i meant Aldi then

Comment

Working...
                    X