Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whi has the better resume, LOMACHENKO or CRAWFORD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are products of the TR match making to make them look like their the cream of the crop and levels above

Loma has better names. But both moved into absolutely weak divisions at the right times. Their big names usually guys coming off long layoffs or who have to move up in weight, coming off losses .

I think people should give more credit for who and when a fighter has names on their resume then the eye test

Comment

Lomachenko.

It will be that way for at least the next several months since I don't really care about Crawford-Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Both are products of the TR match making to make them look like their the cream of the crop and levels above

Loma has better names. But both moved into absolutely weak divisions at the right times. Their big names usually guys coming off long layoffs or who have to move up in weight, coming off losses .

I think people should give more credit for who and when a fighter has names on their resume then the eye test
        Interesting. So out of curiosity, who is p4p #1 iyo then?

Comment

Loma has a better resume after the Rigo win. Loma also beat Russell Jr. and Walters. Other than the Postol win Crawford's resume isn't on that level. I don't really rate the Indongo win that highly although Crawford did make him look worse than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Gotta give it to Lomachenko right now. Crawford will have every opportunity to regain the throne with the opponents available at 147.
            Oh no doubt..if top rank let him that is. We know were getting Jeff horn next then possibly shot to bits Pac..really too bad TC couldn't jump ship just to get those big names at 147 sooner

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

Do you rate Errol Spence Jr? He beat a guy who got his face caved in and now he's fighting a guy off a year layoff also Thurman fights once a year. Canelo usually has one throw away fight a year out of his two fights. GGG was fighting 3-4 times a year until recently but it was against sub par competition. It's the state of boxing nowadays. Guys fight twice a year like they're superstars.

Comment

I'll go with Crawford primarily based on volume. In addition to the wins listed, Crawford's wins against Burns, Dulorme and Jean are solid and Beltran hasn't lost since he lost to Crawford and that win looks a lot better than people give credit for.

I think Crawford and Loma are ranked p4p more on "eye test" than resume. I would have Crawford over him given his length and size.

Loma said Crawford was #1 as well so....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Loma has 3 better wins and I'd say his 4th best win (Rocky) was perhaps better than anyone Bud beat outside of Postol, Gamboa, Diaz, Burns, Indongo, Beltran. Loma has the better top wins, Crawford perhaps a bit more but Loma has beaten more champions.
                  Didn't Burns beat Rocky Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I'll go with Crawford primarily based on volume. In addition to the wins listed, Crawford's wins against Burns, Dulorme and Jean are solid and Beltran hasn't lost since he lost to Crawford and that win looks a lot better than people give credit for.

I think Crawford and Loma are ranked p4p more on "eye test" than resume. I would have Crawford over him given his length and size.

Loma said Crawford was #1 as well so....
                    Yeah i think i agree with TC being number one. If they fought at 140 i think TC would be a little too much for loma with his length and power . If Loma gets a Mikey Garcia win then he moves clearly ahead cause Crawford won't be fighting any of the names at 147 anytime soon if Bob can help it. Horn and Pac are his plans
                    One thing though is the way Loma makes it look easy while TC gets in some dogfight at times.,still wins easily but Loma gets the style points

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Yeah i think i agree with TC being number one. If they fought at 140 i think TC would be a little too much for loma with his length and power . If Loma gets a Mikey Garcia win then he moves clearly ahead cause Crawford won't be fighting any of the names at 147 anytime soon if Bob can help it. Horn and Pac are his plans
                      One thing though is the way Loma makes it look easy while TC gets in some dogfight at times.,still wins easily but Loma gets the style points
                      The only boxers between 130 and 147 that IMO could beat Loma are Mikey, Crawford and Spence given the size advantage they would have.

I think Loma will have to move up because he is low reward, VERY high risk and I think it will be tough for him to get big fights.

I really wish Floyd, Duran and Loma were all in their primes in at 135. Would love to see any combination of these 3 fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X