Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rigondeaux Looking Fierce, Showing Off Moves For Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

I just don't know. I think Loma wins but I'm not convinced I believe it. Rigondeaux is ridiculous.
    Im not sure the size difference will be as big as we think in the way that its meaningful.

Loma will definitely have muscle on him, but its when dudes have height and reach on you where they didn't before that things become a problem moving up in weight.

If Loma was like 5'8 or something I'd be a lot more worried.

Unless Rigo gets old overnight, this is going to be a GREAT fight for fans of the sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Im not sure the size difference will be as big as we think in the way that its meaningful.

Loma will definitely have muscle on him, but its when dudes have height and reach on you where they didn't before that things become a problem moving up in weight.

If Loma was like 5'8 or something I'd be a lot more worried.

Unless Rigo gets old overnight, this is going to be a GREAT fight for fans of the sweet science.
      I’ve chronicled in several threads how Rigo has fought boxers taller, sometimes much taller, than Lomo. It’s the weight that concerned me. I’m not so sure that’s a concern now, especially after Guillermo has hinted that people will be surprised at how close in size they really are. Hopefully Rigo, at 37, isn’t too far past prime to come out on top in this historic match-up.

Comment

Most pros look great on the mitts. Especially when the coach is doing half the work and slapping their gloves half way. Rigo will have a few good rounds early on. Loma comes on in the mid rounds and dominates to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I’ve chronicled in several threads how Rigo has fought boxers taller, sometimes much taller, than Lomo. It’s the weight that concerned me. I’m not so sure that’s a concern now, especially after Guillermo has hinted that people will be surprised at how close in size they really are. Hopefully Rigo, at 37, isn’t too far past prime to come out on top in this historic match-up.
          If recent history has show us anything, its that counterpuncher that slow down the pace tend to age quite well.

Also, I think we have established that Loma doesn't hit hard enough for that kind of size to matter, also he doesn't really use his size to push you around.

What I am more uncertain about is how their styles will mesh southpaw vs southpaw.

Comment

Great picture here. Rigondeaux is a freak!!!

Comment

I'm not that impressed with his mittens work, actually. I mean like it's nothing special for him.
              And yes, he looks ripped. But they will compete at boxing not bodybuilding.

Comment

Working...
              X