No announcement yet.

Cotto went on to do what he did best. Losing on his knees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    we can build and design a fight anyway we want to serve our purpose.

as for scoring d and ring gen.....it still boils down to punches LANDED. if they dont land, it should reflect in the scoring. hence, crediting the d.

minus any kd's or uncontested flurries, a power punch is just a punch.

maybe ali did deserve the win by landing 21 %. i have yet to see it and +24 isnt that much.
    A power punch is just a punch. So is a jab. The force and effectiveness of either one can vary greatly, hence a major reason why mere punch stats aren’t good enough to score a fight. It’s the age old question, how many run-of-the-mill punches does it take to equal one good shot? The answer will vary from person to person. Hence judges, and hence controversy. The system is far from perfect, we all know this, but awarding fights on punch stats alone is definitely not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      A power punch is just a punch. So is a jab. The force and effectiveness of either one can vary greatly, hence a major reason why mere punch stats aren’t good enough to score a fight. It’s the age old question, how many run-of-the-mill punches does it take to equal one good shot? The answer will vary from person to person. Hence judges, and hence controversy. The system is far from perfect, we all know this, but awarding fights on punch stats alone is definitely not the answer.
      there would be no robberies if that was the system.....

true/false

Comment

true/false
        If the rules were changed so that punch statistics alone determined a fight, robberies would probably be lessened, yes. I won’t say they would be eliminated, because no system is perfect. Nonetheless, what you’re advocating is an amateur style system, and few fans want to see that.

Comment

true/false
          False.

I think the greatest flaw in the current system is just the corruption. The system is not the major reason behind the robberies. Yes a fighter who landed less rarely wins, but it can happen.
          But what usually happens in robberies are the dude that was gettin lit up was the one winning or gettin a draw.
          Glad that’s not what happen in the cotto-ali fight either, which was an easy fight to score regardless of stats

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            If the rules were changed so that punch statistics alone determined a fight, robberies would probably be lessened, yes. I won’t say they would be eliminated, because no system is perfect. Nonetheless, what you’re advocating is an amateur style system, and few fans want to see that.
            if a punch lands....
            1) for that moment in time, the d was cancelled out
            2) its a check mark for effect aggression
            3) is worth more if it leads to combos
            4) even more if it leads to kd/ko

a lot can be told by a punch landing. if something is ''right'' 9/10, why should there be a fight against using it

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
              False.

I think the greatest flaw in the current system is just the corruption. The system is not the major reason behind the robberies. Yes a fighter who landed less rarely wins, but it can happen.
              But what usually happens in robberies are the dude that was gettin lit up was the one winning or gettin a draw.
              Glad that’s not what happen in the cotto-ali fight either, which was an easy fight to score regardless of stats
              ok, im going to post a link that shows the major robberies. you tell me where the so called winner landed more than the guy who was robbed (you do agree that robberies happen, yes ?!?!?!?).....

http://www. e s news reporting.com/m...oxing-history/

-remove the spaces to go to link-

its a long list (100 deep)....if you can find 1 FIGHT where the beneficiary of the robbery landed more than the robbed, ill stfu*

*disclaimer -

tbf,

i thought may rightfully won his 1st fight with jlc (even though jlc landed more punches, +46).

worth mentioning because its the ''go to fight'' that is always brought up. mostly from may haters.....and theyd have a point. by all rights, jlc should have won that fight.
              Last edited by Elroy The Great; 12-04-2017, 02:20 AM.

Comment

ok, im going to post a link that shows the major robberies. you tell me where the so called winner landed more than the guy who was robbed (you do agree that robberies happen, yes ?!?!?!?).....

http://www. e s news reporting.com/m...oxing-history/

-remove the spaces to go to link-

its a long list (100 deep)....if you can find 1 FIGHT where the beneficiary of the robbery landed more than the robbed, ill stfu*

*disclaimer -

tbf,

i thought may rightfully won his 1st fight with jlc (even though jlc landed more punches, +46).

worth mentioning because its the ''go to fight'' that is always brought up. mostly from may haters.....and theyd have a point. by all rights, jlc should have won that fight.
                Yes I do agree with you that most if not all fighters that are robbed were the ones that landed more.
                And total landed punches could be a very good basis for another system.
                but maybe again with corruption, they’ll just manipulate the stats. And then we get all those youtube videos showing how wrong the numbers are.

So what’s the current system?
                The current system judges by punch effectiveness, activity, work rate, ring generalship, who controls the pace, sometimes aggression. And etc etc. It’s basically just watching who’s winning.

So how the hell does the guy getting beat up wins??? That is what basically robberies are. An unbelievable upset. Not close fights were it could go either way.
                Most of the upsets, if not all again, the winner doesn’t really win on any system you’d like to think of, with it be the punches landed system, or the current one.

So no, for me its not the system. Its the corruption.
                Just my point, but your right as well with what ur pointing out.

Comment

Cotto is a legend, you're a bunch of disrespectful motherfuckers, give the man some respect

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    Most overrated boxer in history

Literally known for being a loser

I bet pr are glad their power was still out last night so they didn’t have to watch that garbage
                    You should send an application to Fox News.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      Yes I do agree with you that most if not all fighters that are robbed were the ones that landed more.
                      And total landed punches could be a very good basis for another system.
                      but maybe again with corruption, they’ll just manipulate the stats. And then we get all those youtube videos showing how wrong the numbers are.

So what’s the current system?
                      The current system judges by punch effectiveness, activity, work rate, ring generalship, who controls the pace, sometimes aggression. And etc etc. It’s basically just watching who’s winning.

So how the hell does the guy getting beat up wins??? That is what basically robberies are. An unbelievable upset. Not close fights were it could go either way.
                      Most of the upsets, if not all again, the winner doesn’t really win on any system you’d like to think of, with it be the punches landed system, or the current one.

So no, for me its not the system. Its the corruption.
                      Just my point, but your right as well with what ur pointing out.
                      when humans are involved, best be sure corruption is in the mix. and even if the punch counters are truly doing their job without bias, they can get it wrong;
                      ''was that a punch on the arm ? was that a legal blow ? damn it, i blinked/sneezed/lost my concentration....''

the only infallible system is ''fight to the end (2 min rds)''...until someone gets ktfo or quits. trust me, after 13 rds, someone is going to be declared a winner.

there are ''fight'' fans who think some of the beneficiaries rightful deserved those obvious gifts.

no one can tell a trinidad fan that dlh should have won.
                      no one can tell a timmy fan that pac should have won all 3 fights.
                      people even feel horn deserved the win.

and most are not trolling. just their love for their fighter is stronger than their love for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X