Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

major retailer ditches 'boys' and 'girls' clothing for genderless.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major retailer ditches 'boys' and 'girls' clothing for genderless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-clothes.html

boys and girls clothing has been ditched in favour of genderless clothing, to avoid 'reinforcing gender stereotypes'

What.the.****

Ain't gonna be no more dick holes in underwear or what does this mean exactly?

Wut the f#ck does a genderless bra look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

this is for babies/infants but theyve got 'genderless' dresses and **** like that smh, theyve totally scrapped the male and female aspect of it to avoid offending people . this is one of UKs biggest department store chain so has caused uproar lol

Comment

Wouldn't make a difference to me. I don't pick clothes based on what gender the manufacturer had in mind.

They are just removing the labels. It'll be the same clothes.

Comment

Comment

The types of clothes men and women have changed many times throughout the ages. Boys used to wear dresses as recently as the 19th and early 20th centuries, pink was a 'boy colour', and blue was a 'girl colour', all that changed over time through marketing and changes in popular culture etc. There's nothing biological about the clothes we wear. Sure, I don't understand the trans gendered phenomenon, but the paranoia around gender on the internet is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
              The types of clothes men and women have changed many times throughout the ages. Boys used to wear dresses as recently as the 19th and early 20th centuries, pink was a 'boy colour', and blue was a 'girl colour', all that changed over time through marketing and changes in popular culture etc. There's nothing biological about the clothes we wear. Sure, I don't understand the trans gendered phenomenon, but the paranoia around gender on the internet is hilarious.
              no need for it though imo. whys it so bad that a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. whys this got to be some 'taboo' that society has to break? genderless clothing smh, next thing will be genderless toilets in a few years as 'its not fair to stereotype people into gender roles based on anatomy' or some ****

Comment

Comment

Loony people

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                    There isn't anything biological about most clothes perhaps, but boxers with dickholes in em would be a weird thing to wear if you didn't have a penis.

But yeah other than that, as far as the styles/colors/materials etc go I agree that there isn't a need to assign a gender to them.

What is interesting to me is how much this matters to other people. Just the feeling that their identity is somehow being reaffirmed or the feeling that the product had them in mind is important. Lots of research shows that just adding "for men" or "for women" on a product, even if you don't change much else about the product, allows you to charge quite a bit more for it.

And that goes way beyond cothing. Some of this schit that is gendered is utterly laughable:

Ain't no way anyone is convincing me that there is a biological anchoring for what makes a 'man tea' or a 'woman tea'.
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-02-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X