Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Crawford is Possible in The Future, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    surely lomo is a 60-40 aside even though he doesnt bring a crowd and has terrible ratings..

white man A side everybody knows that...

#LomoLaws
    You're such a fking loser...you're tiresome act needs a reboot....

Comment

Par for the course for Crawford. He's always fighting guys below his weight class. Bob has already talked about Lomachenko moving to 135 right after he just won his first fight at 140. If Crawford wins and his PPV does well, Arum will speed up Lomachenko's rise. Can Crawford stay at 140 one more year?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Par for the course for Crawford. He's always fighting guys below his weight class. Bob has already talked about Lomachenko moving to 135 right after he just won his first fight at 140. If Crawford wins and his PPV does well, Arum will speed up Lomachenko's rise. Can Crawford stay at 140 one more year?
        Lomachenko & his team demanded a 135 move......arum didn't start it. it's Lomachenko himself. i don't know why but he doesn't want to stay at 130. when they get to 135 maybe 1 or 2 fights then move to 140.

thats their gameplan & they are being really aggressive about this.

Comment

How about let's focus on Lomachenko trying to clean up 126 and 130 first, Bob. Does that sound good?
          Let's also focus on keeping Lomachenko more active. Does that sound good? Fighting twice a year isn't doing anything for Vasyl.

Lomachenko has the most options out of anyone in boxing right now and they're already focusing on the future. Loma may not even make it that high. You just can't predict the future. We are in the now and that's what they should focus on!
          There are several fights for him at 126 and 130 and if you hype it up correctly they may be big fights; when I say big fights I'm not saying Mayweather or Pacquiao type of big.
          Take your pick at 126 and 130: Vargas, Salido, Fortuna, Corrales, Pedraza, Russell, Santa Cruz, Miura, Walters, Oscar Valdez and a few others.
          Is that not enough options? Let's focus on these fights for now.
          If you hype up Valdez correctly that will be a big fight between Loma and Valdez in a few years. I'm guessing Verdejo will stay around the same weight. Verdejo-Loma can be a big fight in a few years. Verdejo-Loma-Walters-Valdez can all be matched-up, seriously you can match all of these guys for big fights in the near future if you build it up correctly.
          How about you start doing a better job of promoting? Don't let Walters just sit out and go to waste. Take a chance on Verdejo, it is time. Valdez is taking chances, so why not Felix? Keep promoting Loma and Valdez as well.
          Some of these fights don't even need marinating.

I'm going in on Arum, but I believe Reporters are the ones asking him these questions. You can tell these Reporter DKSAB, since it seems like they don't want to see the good fights at 126 and 130. First it was Lomachenko-Pacquiao and now Lomachenko-Crawford. Let Pacquiao retire in peace.
          Fighters also have to stop being divas and not ask for more than what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
            Lomachenko & his team demanded a 135 move......arum didn't start it. it's Lomachenko himself. i don't know why but he doesn't want to stay at 130. when they get to 135 maybe 1 or 2 fights then move to 140.

Ok I didn't know his team were the ones pushing 135. But to my other point, Crawford stays fighting smaller guys. This is the first time he's fighting a true 140lb champion.

Comment

I think it's out of reach for lomu and even though he's only an inch shorter than crawford weight wise they are well apart and lomachenko is the same age as crawford as well...he doesn't have the youth to grow into a bigger fighter which he would need if he was to face crawford in a few years.....this is just waffle from a befuddled octogenarian Bob arum

Comment

Interesting for sure, but don't see it...

Lomachenko vs Crawford is a stretch...
                They are 10 lbs apart as is... Lomachenko is adding weight unnecessarily... His body isn't forcing him to move up, his head is... Crawford is naturally maturing into a heavier fighter...

I'm not sure if 126 is a place Vasyl will visit again, unless a unique challenge (Rigondeaux decides to move up for the big bucks) or a mega money star emerges at that weight...

130 and 135 might be it for Lomachenko, he's closing in on 30 years old...

I'm not sure too much growth is in Loma's futute.. At some point, the weight you put on doesn't equate to the natural weight of your opponents... You lose too much in the exchange..

Crawford himself has some room to grow... I can see him vs Spence eventually... Perhaps Crawford could entice some of those talented 154 lbs fighters to drop down to 147 down the road ???
                Last edited by MindGame; 06-18-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post

A reporter asked Loma if he will try to get a title at 135 before his 10th fight, something along those lines, and Loma said it wouldn't be a bad idea. Which is a dumb idea when 126 and 130 are so full with talent.
                  Lomachenko wasn't even thinking of 135 at the moment until that dumb reporter put that idea in his head.
                  It's always reporters asking dumb questions.
                  Most of these guys truly DKSAB.
                  Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 06-18-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Lomachenko would absolutely school Crawford, no question. Loma is every bit as good, if not better than Gamboa skillwise, but without the dodgy chin. Crawford would struggle to win a round in this one.

Comment

Its just very refreshing to see elite fighters like TC and Loma do what elite fightera do. That's move up in weight and challenge themselves. Unlike some of the ass clowns nowadays that wanna camp out in ****ty divisions under the crock of **** they call "unification." KUDOS boys.

Comment

Working...
                      X