Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Canelo signed with DAZN GGG was not in the plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting tired of GGG getting in the way of great fights.

Fight someone! Fight Charlo, Jacobs II, Andrade, Saunders, but quit obsessing over another Canelo fight.

Canelo needs the date to fight someone new and interesting.

Canelo vs GGG III bores me right now and don't care to see it, which is why GGG is bugging right now with this shiiit.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      There was a list of fighters given to DAZN by Tom Loeffler. Out of that list DAZN was good with Steve because they wanted to increase their subs in Canada. Tom explained this in an interview. Who else was on it? I don't know.
      Ahhh okay fair play hadn't heard about that.

Tend to doubt Rolls helped increase subs in Canada very much, but if it did it did I guess.

As far as Golovkin making an offer, he is in a position to do whatever he wants. Like I said make an offer and if doesn't work out move on.
      Its a limp dick move doe. It looks desperate & just seems silly.

He's in as much of a position of power as he can be in right now by being with DAZN. But DAZN is pushing the pro-new subscriber agenda which is the GGG agenda right now. GGG doesn't have has much power as Canelo or DAZN. He's not even the B side in this situation he's the C side. He just needs to sit back dog Canelo & GBP publicly & let DAZN do his work for him. Nothing to be gained by him making offers that are already decided by DAZN anyway cuz DAZN is paying both of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        But Canelo vs GGG for undisputed brings more subs than Canelo vs. GGG post Rolls. Canelo knows this and that's why he keeps telling GGG to get the other belt.
        Idk that casuals know or care about who has ALL the belts or "undisputed". Casuals know enough to know all these belts are f#cking silly doe.

I bet most casuals couldn't name all 4 belts in fact.

Fans do care about names & the main two names at 160 are Canelo & GGG right now.

And the hardcore fans know Andrade's a paper champion anyway who won his vacant belt off of some late sub guy from Namibia who never fought a live opponent.

Comment

How could there be any stipulation that Canelo fights GGG when they had no idea where he would sign after HBO went under?
          I’m sure GGG was sold on the fact that a third payday could only happen with Canelo if he’s with DAZN.
          GGG thirsty for that Canelo money. Those Rolls paydays won’t Borats bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Idk that casuals know or care about who has ALL the belts or "undisputed". Casuals know enough to know all these belts are f#cking silly doe.

I bet most casuals couldn't name all 4 belts in fact.

Fans do care about names & the main two names at 160 are Canelo & GGG right now.

And the hardcore fans know Andrade's a paper champion anyway who won his vacant belt off of some late sub guy from Namibia who never fought a live opponent.
            Promoting it as undisputed helps the marketing. One name, one face, one champion. One thing Hearn always talks about which I agree with, is you have to have a story to tell to promote fights.

You got GGG coming off a win against Rolls to challenge Canelo for a 3rd fight.

Or

GGG vs Canelo for the undisputed champion of the MW division. After losing against Canelo GGG has come back to put his name at the top of the MW division. This one is for all the marbles.

The 2nd fight didn't sell as well as the first so we've seen interest decline. Gotta have something to sell on the 3rd fight to ramp that interest back up

Comment

Promoting it as undisputed helps the marketing. One name, one face, one champion.
              I don't think Canelo vs GGG for the undisputed title increases the appeal of Canelo vs GGG III all that much. Maybe its a 2% bump in gate or hat sales. For alot of fights if not most all fights I'd agree it matters doe.

One thing Hearn always talks about which I agree with, is you have to have a story to tell to promote fights.
              There is no story needed with these two. The story is written already. This story already goes back years to when GBP was legit ducking this fight & dropped the belt to avoid the fight.

This is among the biggest fights to make in boxing today. All you do by marinating it is risk it not happening at all in the near future & with GGG's advanced age thats an even bigger problem then normal.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                There was a list of fighters given to DAZN by Tom Loeffler. Out of that list DAZN was good with Steve because they wanted to increase their subs in Canada. Tom explained this in an interview. Who else was on it? I don't know.

As far as Golovkin making an offer, he is in a position to do whatever he wants. Like I said make an offer and if doesn't work out move on.
                Nobody up here knows who Steve Rolls is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I don't think Canelo vs GGG for the undisputed title increases the appeal of Canelo vs GGG III all that much. Maybe its a 2% bump in gate or hat sales. For alot of fights if not most all fights I'd agree it matters doe.

There is no story needed with these two. The story is written already. This story already goes back years to when GBP was legit ducking this fight & dropped the belt to avoid the fight.

This is among the biggest fights to make in boxing today. All you do by marinating it is risk it not happening at all in the near future & with GGG's advanced age thats an even bigger problem then normal.
                  And the sales of the second fight showed interest waned. Nothing has happened from the 2nd to the possible 3rd fight to garner more interest. That's why Canelo keeps telling him to get a belt. He's not going to shortchange himself when his pay depends on more subs

Comment

GGG came to DAZN months later following Canelo. When Canelo took that deal he took it to map out his own course. He felt the GGG rivalry was behind him & had moved on.

I know DAZN has some say in who Canelo fights but Canelo is the only one bringing in subscribers to the app so he has just as much leverage.

So what happens when Canelo tells them he's not fighting GGG until GGG fights a belt holder or someone with a pulse like Jacobs who deserves a rematch?
                    Your sounding very obsessive at this point in time, funny how you know how canelo “felt”

Comment

And the sales of the second fight showed interest waned. Nothing has happened from the 2nd to the possible 3rd fight to garner more interest. That's why Canelo keeps telling him to get a belt. He's not going to shortchange himself when his pay depends on more subs
                      So you the guy who thinks DAZN is a bad idea basically & that no one is watching or will watch should have GGG fight a no name guy with a paper title on a platform no one is watching to RISE HIS PROFILE a lil more? Cmon man something doesn't add up there.

And like I said this is about casuals. Hardcores care about undisputed. Casuals don't give a f#ck about undisputed cuz they know its meaningless that there are so many belts & the "championship" is a disputed thing in the first place. Back in the 90's casuals didn't know better. Today I think they do.

Canelo vs GGG III has massive value to DAZN regardless if its just "Part III" or if its for "The Undisputed 160 Title". And GGG is 37. He's burning daylight on his career. What happens if I'm wrong about Andrade & he's some secret bad ass who's been looking so beatable in the past to bait GGG & Canelo & he beats Canelo & now this no appeal guy is the undisputed 160 champ or GGG drops a boring decision to him & now the trilogy fight is gone.

Thats the only scenario where DAZN is taking an L if GGG vs Canelo III doesn't happen or its of far less interest cuz one of both have taken an L to Andrade &/or some other random like Callum Smith, Mall, Derevyanchenko or some sh^t in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                      X