No announcement yet.

New Heavyweight rankings for Ring Magazine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Fury is the best. He’s lineal, he has the best win (Klitschko) and he schooled Wilder despite having come off of a layoff and huge weight loss. He’d also be heavily favored over the #2 which is Ruiz for now. Ruiz has a better resume and skill level than Wilder and of course he beat Joshua so he’s a fair and clear top two. I just don’t think he’d have a chance with Fury who’s all wrong for him.
    Lineal does not last forever if you don't defend it and Fury did not defend it for years so he lost it and ring does not consider him the lineal champ any more because he isn't. They had AJ ranked number one and Ruiz slaughtered him and by rights should have become their number one. Fury may have deserved the win over Wilder but he got a draw and ducked the rematch to fight unknown guys. Ruiz the the man now. If they want to be the man they must beat him in the ring not in theory on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I agree. It doesn't matter where he was ranked before the fight. He beat the guy generally recognized as the number 1 heavyweight so that should earn him the number 1 ranking just as it earned him the world titles AJ had. If Fury and Wilder are better they must now prove it. They were offered huge money to fight AJ and declined. Ruiz fought him for maybe a tenth as much and got the win so he should get the glory and the credit and ring Should go by results not what the think might happen. They obviously rated AJ the best in the world because they had him number 1 over Fury and Wilder. Ruiz beat AJ decisively so he should get their number 1 spot until he loses a fight.
      Yea, people are getting creative in justifying Fury's placement and trying to turn this into a P4P type discussion.
      Fury has done literally fuk all in 4 years aside from getting a draw w/ Wilder. By their logic, someone could feast on bums for 10 years and still have the #1 spot, without belts. Where were they wit these specific claims when AJ was #1????????
      They need to take an HONEST look at it, swap Fury's name with Wilder's, and see if they still feel that way. If they did, all you would hear from them is that Wilder defeated NO ONE of any value or rank in 4 years.

People complain about this sport being unstructured and unfair, but they are perfectly fine with it when it suits their preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
        Funny how Josh has beaten 3 out of the top-10 in 22 career fights. Wilder has beaten 1 in 43 career fights. And Fury has beaten none in 30 fights, yet they ranked him as 1.

Ring magazine has been rubbish since De La Hoya bought it. I prefer boxrec because it’s based on computer algorithms.

Ruiz is 1, Josh is 2, Wilder is 3 and Fury is 4. That should be the true ranking. Both Fury and Wilder have one decent win in their careers.
        Getting dominated by #1 doesn’t make you #2. I know you love the taste of AJ’s cum, but AJ was exposed as not a top 5 heavyweight.

He quit.

Comment

_Rexy_ or whatever the fu.kk your name is, you huge nose having and booty scratching bandit, stop quoting my post and stalking me, you gay heifer. I've never seen a man stalk another man all over a forum. Are you accursed or did your mum bang your head on the wall as an infant, thus inflicting permanent brain damage?

If Josh fu.kked your mum, go take it up with him.

I don't fu.kk with you, do the same, cum guzzling troglodyte

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
            Ruiz did not beat Parker.

Ruiz beating Joshua, does not re-write history prior.
            He deserved the win, landed more sh.ots .

Parker won because he was fighting in home

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Yea, people are getting creative in justifying Fury's placement and trying to turn this into a P4P type discussion.
              Fury has done literally fuk all in 4 years aside from getting a draw w/ Wilder. By their logic, someone could feast on bums for 10 years and still have the #1 spot, without belts. Where were they wit these specific claims when AJ was #1????????
              They need to take an HONEST look at it, swap Fury's name with Wilder's, and see if they still feel that way. If they did, all you would hear from them is that Wilder defeated NO ONE of any value or rank in 4 years.

People complain about this sport being unstructured and unfair, but they are perfectly fine with it when it suits their preferences.
              How have you scored Wilder vs Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                New Ring Magazine Heavyweight Rankings:

1. Tyson Fury

2. Deontay Wilder

3. Andy Ruiz

4. Anthony Joshua

5. Dillian Whyte

6. Luis Ortiz

7. Alexander Povetkin

8. Joseph Parker

9. Adam Kownacki

10. Kubrat Pulev

I agree with this list of new Heavyweight rankings the most out of all lists.
                This is pretty accurate...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Fury is the best. He’s lineal, he has the best win (Klitschko) and he schooled Wilder despite having come off of a layoff and huge weight loss. He’d also be heavily favored over the #2 which is Ruiz for now. Ruiz has a better resume and skill level than Wilder and of course he beat Joshua so he’s a fair and clear top two. I just don’t think he’d have a chance with Fury who’s all wrong for him.
                  Fury schools him far too big and skilled. I think Wilder would ice him as well tbh

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    How have you scored Wilder vs Fury?
                    I only watched it the first time, and honestly had it a draw. Didn't enjoy it enough to watch it again. Thought both guys looked overrated and sloppy. Pillow fisted Fury repeated the same simple patterns over and over, and Wilder was too stupid to pick up on them. Disappointed in both guys.

After that fight I thought AJ was a clear #1 but we all know what happened there.
                    Can't wait for Usyk to show his stuff. I worried that he might not be a big enough puncher for HW but after seeing everyone else look sorta *meh*, I think Usyk has a chance to become the man.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                      New Ring Magazine Heavyweight Rankings:

1. Tyson Fury

2. Deontay Wilder

3. Andy Ruiz

4. Anthony Joshua

5. Dillian Whyte

6. Luis Ortiz

7. Alexander Povetkin

8. Joseph Parker

9. Adam Kownacki

10. Kubrat Pulev

I agree with this list of new Heavyweight rankings the most out of all lists.
                      Switch the first two and you get the real list

Comment

Working...
                      X