Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you puke when some fans agree to this marination thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the vulnerabilities they have been showing against Wlad, Ortiz, Fury and co, Wilder and AJ were the 2 guys who had to be really careful about "marinating" their fight especially in the HW division where one punch is all it takes.
    Last edited by Afi23; 06-02-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

absolutely NOT you weed out the weak and the fakes and save our time and money from getting another disappointing "Superfight"

if these fighters are truly good enough they will make it to the "BIG FIGHT"

Comment

they do it because they think it makes them look like some savvy insider who has insight that the rest of us somehow dont.

And they justify it with silly phrases like "derp derp derp playin chess doe"

Look, obviously not every fight can happen immediately, when we want it to. But there is a proper way to build a fight, and then there is the wrong way. I remember back in the day when guys would fight on the same card, and build up to the eventual fight. Nowdays its all "a-side b-side" nonsense, and they only fight each other when every other option has been exhausted......
        Last edited by OnePunch; 06-02-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

They seem to be simple minded fanboys who say this bull****

Comment

Marinating makes me vomit, that's why Wilder/Spence and their fans are scumbags.

Comment

We need to weed out the fake fans here
              who are mere mouthpieces of a network or promoter.
              If you're a fan you demand the best fights the best, period.
              No effing excuses like it's not big enough crap.
              At the end of the day, these fighters already make millions of dollars.
              How much more do you want them to earn?
              Why are you so concerned about their wallets?
              Enough of this silly "they're risking their lives" nonsense.
              Fans didn't pick their chosen profession for them. They did.
              They can always get out of it anytime, any day.

Comment

The marination thing is for Promoters, TV Networks, and Fighters to make more money I understand all this but I really prefer guys just getting in there and fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  Marinating makes me vomit, that's why Wilder/Spence and their fans are scumbags.
                  agreed these pbc scumbags are a joke now wilder lost out on all that money lol.

Comment

Do you see the Crawford vs Spence fight having any chance of happening before the end of the year?

Comment

Boxing has built to big fights historically. The difference now is this generation of fans is more impatient and just likes to complain when there is nothing to complain about. The TS is a perfect example of this. He is using "marination" as code for his real issue, constantly hating on anything related to PBC. Lets look at history to assess the Spence/Crawford situation.

Sugar Ray Leonard beat Benitez in Nov 1979. Hearns beat Cuevas in August 1980. SRL had 5 fights, including 2 with Duran, and Hearns had 3 before they fought each other. The winning built anticipation for the fight.

Now we have Crawford and Spence. Spence has had 3 title defenses and has yet to unify, which we expect will happen in his next fight. Crawford has had 2 defenses of his WBO title.

When there is no reason to build to a fight then they should have it immediately. I think we all agree with that, Wilder/AJ for example should've happened already. We agree Floyd/Manny could've happened well before it did.

In the case of Crawford/Spence, neither has had as many fights as champ as either Leonard or Hearns did. I think it is ok if they build it with one more fight each.

Fan impatience and using code to hide the real agenda doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the build to Spence/Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X