No announcement yet.

How good is Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    Not good enough to beat Salidoe. But I've heard he went from green as grass to a grizzled veteran in just the three months after that fight
    Imagine the mental resolve that would take. Some fighters cannot even change from their 'default' style but Lomachenko does a full U-turn and emerges a complete monster after that lesson.

Comment

the kid is a star with one of if not the best IQ in boxing.... last fighter that made me say WTF as often was a prime Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        Not good enough to beat Salidoe. But I've heard he went from green as grass to a grizzled veteran in just the three months after that fight
        You are beating a dead horse. 1st It was his 2nd pro fight. 2nd Salido came in way over weight. 3rd. Salido fought dirty as hell and got away with it. 4th most viewers thought Loma deserved to win anyway. 5th Loma went on to win many world titles at 3 different weight classes. 6th Loma offered Salido a rematch many times and Salido always wisely said no. 7th Nobody with eyes and a working brain thinks Salido would have a chance in hell of beating Loma in a rematch.Give it up if that's all you got to trash Loma with.

Comment

He is up there with the best I've seen.

His resume is pretty big already with dominating wins over Gary Russel Jr. Nicholas Walters, Guillermo Rigondeaux...actually he dominated everyone except for Salido.

Speaking of Salido, that fight was an embarrassment to boxing. It shouldn't even be considered. It works pretty good as a curve ball to casuals though.

For me Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson and Vasily Lomachenko are the top 3 in my eyes. As you can tell, records aren't the end all be all for me. Otherwise I would look at guys like Rocky Marciano and Floyd Mayweather. I still prefer the good old eye test.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            You are beating a dead horse. 1st It was his 2nd pro fight. 2nd Salido came in way over weight. 3rd. Salido fought dirty as hell and got away with it. 4th most viewers thought Loma deserved to win anyway. 5th Loma went on to win many world titles at 3 different weight classes. 6th Loma offered Salido a rematch many times and Salido always wisely said no. 7th Nobody with eyes and a working brain thinks Salido would have a chance in hell of beating Loma in a rematch.Give it up if that's all you got to trash Loma with.
            Come on now boilio. I can agree with everything but #4.

Most viewers didn't think Loma won. Most felt he would've won had it gone a few more rounds but Salido clearly won the fight.

Comment

Why were no points deducted from Salido for landing repeated low blows?

Lomachenko landed 37% of his punches while Salido only landed 22%.

Lomachenko landed 164 punches while Salido only landed 142.

Why did Salido duck a rematch? That's a bitch move.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                Yeah, but muy point is that he is not undefeated or invencible
                So by your standards, ATGs are Marciano, Mayweather, Valero, and Sven Ottke.

Good logic.

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                  I call him the mini Roy Jones of today talent wise.
                  LMAO

Roy has Ws over Hopkins, Toney and the trip all the way up to HW winning a paper title in his lone appearance. There is NOTHING Lomafako can ever do to match or even come close to what Roy did.

Roy Jones jr's and Lomafako's names do not belong in the same sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
                    So by your standards, ATGs are Marciano, Mayweather, Valero, and Sven Ottke.

Good logic.
                    By my standard, ATGs are fighters who beat the best opposition available.

Exactly WHO has Lomafako ever beaten?

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      LMAO

Roy has Ws over Hopkins, Toney and the trip all the way up to HW winning a paper title in his lone appearance. There is NOTHING Lomafako can ever do to match or even come close to what Roy did.

Roy Jones jr's and Lomafako's names do not belong in the same sentence...
                      Who is this 'Lomafako' you keep referring to. I checked Boxrec but nothing came up.

But I bet you're still pleased with yourself, aren'tcha?

Comment

Working...
                      X