Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys, do you use any anti-aging products?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving your body and face extra attention is pointless. Creams, lotions, diet, none of that can save you lol. Anti-aging is a multi billion dollar market but most of that stuff if bs.

Only thing that can help you with anti aging is unaffordable to the average person, like HGH injections. The next real big anti aging breakthrough is gene editing, which will not be cheap. That’s it. Otherwise, you can’t prevent aging, you can only accelerate it, with drugs.

There are things that maybe can have a temporary fix as long as you use the product regularly. But whatever results you get will be dependent on that product. Meanwhile drug addiction can leave permanent aging on skin/teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      In reality, looking old/young is mostly genetics.

I don’t use anything at all, but get told I look 20, while i’m 30. It runs in the family. When I lived at home with my mother, visitors would ask if she is my sister.

My first month working in prison, with my young looking ass, I heard all types of comments from inmates. “You coming straight out of high school?”, “Man they’re hiring kids now, that’s crazy”, funniest one: “Now I gotta take orders from kids”. A lot of other comments, but it never bothered me. It’s funny to me, I don’t even take it personal.

Idk what race you are but people with a significant amount of sub-saharan African genes, or native american genes, tend to age really well. I have both, but very little native american, a lot of sub-saharan, about a quarter, 25%(West Africa), and mostly European (Spaniard), 50% (55% according to 23andme lol), but I just keep it simple and say 50%.

Now yea you can age much faster one way, and that is hard drug addiction. But that’s about it. Otherwise it’s all up to genes.
      I really don't see how people can attempt to dismiss the role diet plays in the quality of the skin (which is what my post was about). Especially on a boxing forum I'd expect people to know how influential diet is on our well being. It does more than just control weight.
      Genetics do play a strong part as well, I completely agree there, but just as the quality and composition of food one takes in affects an athlete's strength and ability to recover, it affects the skin as well.

You might have noticed in my post that I dismissed the skin care product industry as it is mostly a marketing scam preying on the desperate. You don't see it exposed online because most mainstream sites don't want to risk losing those advertising dollars.

In my family, people age much differently. My grandmother, mother, and myself are the health nuts and we're the 3 that always surprise people with our age.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I really don't see how people can attempt to dismiss the role diet plays in the quality of the skin (which is what my post was about). Especially on a boxing forum I'd expect people to know how influential diet is on our well being. It does more than just control weight.
        Genetics do play a strong part as well, I completely agree there, but just as the quality and composition of food one takes in affects an athlete's strength and ability to recover, it affects the skin as well.

You might have noticed in my post that I dismissed the skin care product industry as it is mostly a marketing scam preying on the desperate. You don't see it exposed online because most mainstream sites don't want to risk losing those advertising dollars.

In my family, people age much differently. My grandmother, mother, and myself are the health nuts and we're the 3 that always surprise people with our age.
        That’s news to me because I may have the worst diet of anyone I know, and have been this way for the last 10 years.

Junk food everyday, KFC, Micky D’s, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Piada, Wendy’s, Burger King, pizza. You name the junk food, I eat it....every. single. day.

At 18 I had people telling me that at 30 I will be fat and look old.

I’m now 30, no change to my diet. Still got a fast metabolism, still lean. All I gotta do is work out for a week and my abs start showing. This is due to genetics, my father is almost 70, still looks relatively young, lean, eats junk food, and is healthy with no medical issues.

I’m sure dieting will make things even better (somehow, idk how), but genetics will tell you if you are predisposed to aging fast, getting fat, being skinny, looking young, sensitive to certain food, etc. Then you have to live your lifestyle accordingly. Like obviously if you are predisposed to gaining weight fast and being obese, you wanna watch what you eat. If you’re the type that can gain 10lbs over the weekend, but lose it as soon as you walk from your door to your car to go to work, then you probably don’t have much to worry about cause you got good genes.

Comment

I’m on vacation right now, I gained 5lbs, after 2 weeks of eating junk 2-3 times a day. 5 little pounds and if you see what I eat you’d be surprised I only gained 5lbs. I’m talking about KFC family meal all to myself, as an example. Two weeks of this type of gluttoning gained me a whole 5 pounds lol in 2 weeks.

These 5lbs are temporary, I will shed them as soon as I go shopping for wine in walmart

What i’m getting at is that genetics really doesn’t care about our laws of dieting or anything, or aging. Your body is gonna behave however it wants. Someone with bad genes may have gained 20lbs-30lbs with all the food, beer and wine i’ve consumed in the past two weeks. My body won’t allow me to gain all that though, it sheds calories from walking from my bed to my fridge.

Comment

Best thing you do for your overall health is sleep well every single night. 7-9 hours a day. It's even more important than diet and exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              That’s news to me because I may have the worst diet of anyone I know, and have been this way for the last 10 years.

Junk food everyday, KFC, Micky D’s, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Piada, Wendy’s, Burger King, pizza. You name the junk food, I eat it....every. single. day.

At 18 I had people telling me that at 30 I will be fat and look old.

I’m now 30, no change to my diet. Still got a fast metabolism, still lean. All I gotta do is work out for a week and my abs start showing. This is due to genetics, my father is almost 70, still looks relatively young, lean, eats junk food, and is healthy with no medical issues.

I’m sure dieting will make things even better (somehow, idk how), but genetics will tell you if you are predisposed to aging fast, getting fat, being skinny, looking young, sensitive to certain food, etc. Then you have to live your lifestyle accordingly. Like obviously if you are predisposed to gaining weight fast and being obese, you wanna watch what you eat. If you’re the type that can gain 10lbs over the weekend, but lose it as soon as you walk from your door to your car to go to work, then you probably don’t have much to worry about cause you got good genes.
              If you're genuinely interested, there's a TON of info out there from doctors, University studies, etc on how nutrition affects the aging of, and general quality of, the skin. It's beyond speculation.

Comment

Just test shots once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  If you're genuinely interested, there's a TON of info out there from doctors, University studies, etc on how nutrition affects the aging of, and general quality of, the skin. It's beyond speculation.
                  It amazing how this is lost on so many people. It's so basic ...nutrition is what the body uses to regenerate. If the body is denied what it needs it will do a poor job regenerating and age or degenerate if you like...at an accelerated rate. I won't even feed kibble to my dog for this reason. High quality nutrition and exercise are the key to good health. I never compromise on this.
                  Last edited by jaded; 05-24-2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Nope cuz black don't crack
                    This^^^^^^

Was telling a friend I'll look just as I do now when I'm 50

Comment

High quality sleep

Avoiding any form of stress as much as possible

Diet high in high quality saturated fats like coconut oil or butter . Doesn't have to be keto, just make sure you eat your saturated fats which are crucial for your hormones which are crucial for your overall health

Excercise, especially weight lifting or intervals

Supplements

In that order
                      Last edited by Szef; 05-24-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X