No announcement yet.

I dont get the issue with Lopez wanting to fight Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post

we already went through this with rigo. hes ducking hes ducking hes derping! oh he destroyed rigo and then the people who said he was ducking said it was a cherry pick. never try to please irrational haters or fanboys. just wait for the fight when lopez actually does something or has something to offer. as of now he has neither the money nor the standing to demand the fight.
    He fought Rigo years later on higher weight class I noticed you don't use the same logic and reasoning you use on other fighters when it comes to Lomachenko

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Teofimo was a garbage amateur and in the pros has not even faced anybody in the top 20, he has same amount of fights as Loma and is an unranked nobody who is getting hyped up by desperate US media and desperate haters of Lomachenko. Who would be interested in that fight outside of dummies? Loma would get crucified for fighting an absolute nobody. Let him fight a top 10 guy first or get a belt then we can talk about it
      Loma gets soft critiques on mismatches like Crolla and the one coming up against Campbell. He should be crucified for those.

If he beats Lopez, his star would shine more brightly in the world of boxing. Lackluster belt collecting is weak, boring, and bordering cowardly.
      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-13-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
        Just because he looked invincible vs bums and running his mouth doesnt mean he deserve title shot now

He should earn mandatory spot / belt 1st
        Or At least rank top 5
        Loma also only looks invincible against no-hopers like Crolla and Marriaga. The two somewhat decent C fighters he had fought before that were life and death struggles. What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          thing is when you give pro boxers shots in the pro ranks early due to amateur success it opens up a can or worms and really makes it look biased to deny others a chance "because they haven't earned it"
          Problem is, if Loma chose to fight 20 or more no-hopers, his haters would point to his amateur experience and say he was padding his record and unproven. Let’s face it, there won’t be too many Loma type fighter’s with that sort of amateur pedigree for this to be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Problem is, if Loma chose to fight 20 or more no-hopers, his haters would point to his amateur experience and say he was padding his record and unproven. Let’s face it, there won’t be too many Loma type fighter’s with that sort of amateur pedigree for this to be an issue.
            This is the pros. Loma's style still looks amateurish. Crushing cans doesn't impress real boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Loma is a great talent and very entertaining...I am just showing why the debate exist

Comment

If a guy wants to fight another guy I have no problem. It's boxing and you want to prove yourself. I'd rather have Loma matched against Garcia/Davis/Berchelt or someone more established. Only because at his age, time is not on Loma's side. I get why he doesn't want to go against a prospect that has nothing to really entice him to pick him over anyone else. Now if Top Rank can gather up enough money to sell the fight then I'm sure he would take it.

The thing that I don't really understand is why Lopez's team seem so adamant on making this fight asap. When it's time for your fighter to step up to a pfp guy you want to make sure your guy is in his prime. If I'm Lopez's trainer I'm telling him to go ahead and fight one of the champs at 135 that isn't Loma. Not because there is a lack of confidence but because of the experience and age factor.

Comment

Posters claim he hasnt proved himself and doesnt deserve a shot, well what did Loma do to earn a title shot in his 2nd fight?
                  when loma was 13, he would have beaten lopez now. there's that...

Comment

Lomachenko vs Lopez would probably be closer odds than the fight last night.

I don't have a problem if Lomachenko fights Lopez. Even if it is a lopsided fight.

I watched a couple of videos with Lopez and his father... They've been going in on Lomachenko. It's almost to the point where he's going to have to shut the kid up.

Both of them mentioned getting 2 more fights, one for a championship, and face Lomachenko after that. If he does that and Lomachenko still don't want the fight that WOULD be a duck.

Comment

Posters claim he hasnt proved himself and doesnt deserve a shot, well what did Loma do to earn a title shot in his 2nd fight?
                      Larry man. The issue is he keep talking crap, and won't gt int he ring with him.

He's not really deserving of a shot either. People think he's being way over hyped.

Which looks to be the case

Comment

Working...
                      X