No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take:
    Davis will be a big help to the Lakers but the Lakers need to rely on some good players willing to take less to join in the hopes of winning a title. There is a possibility though that after next season when he is a free agent they have to pay the big bucks to him and that might not matter as he might change his mind about playing with them after one season. The Lakers organization is shaky right now.

Another big question now is where will other players decide to play.
    Leonard should be happy staying with the defending champions but the taxes are very high there and he is far from where he wanted to go.
    Durant was rumored to move on but he wouldn't get the money he wants being injured for most of the season. He might take the money from Golden State next year and move on as soon as he is healthy. That would hurt the Warriors.

Butler and Irving. Butler suggested he would want to play in Miami but they don't have the cap room. So either he takes less to be on a good team or stays with Philly.
    Irving's stock has dropped after the Boston implosion and with several players suggesting they want a trade if he stays, I can't see Boston fighting too hard to keep him. Several teams need a good point guard so he will be signed. They might even pay what he wants.

Feel free to disagree.
    Last edited by TBear; 06-18-2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
      My take:
      Davis will be a big help to the Lakers but the Lakers need to rely on some good players willing to take less to join in the hopes of winning a title. There is a possibility though that after next season when he is a free agent they have to pay the big bucks to him and that might not matter as he might change his mind about playing with them after one season. The Lakers organization is shaky right now.

Leonard should be happy staying with the defending champions but the taxes are very high there and he is far from where he wanted to go.
      Durant was rumored to move on but he wouldn't get the money he wants being injured for most of the season. He might take the money from Golden State next year and move on as soon as he is healthy. That would hurt the Warriors.

Butler and Irving. Butler suggested he would want to play in Miami but they don't have the cap room. So either he takes less to be on a good team or stays with Philly.
      Irving's stock has dropped after the Boston implosion and with several players suggesting they want a trade if he stays, I can't see Boston fighting too hard to keep him. Several teams need a good point guard so he will be signed. They might even pay what he wants.

Feel free to disagree.
      Lakers are interesting right now.

Since Golden State is not around right now, they are trying to win now.

Houston, is a mess. Warriors ****ed them mentally Chris Paul and Harden didn't mesh and now it's public.

Oh, Warriors should offer Klay and Kevin the max. I think they will stay together. In the meantime they should go out and get Waiters for this upcoming season to replace Klay.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
        My take:

Feel free to disagree.
        Pretty much

However, I can see Kawhi going to LA but not the Lakers

He’s a different cat and money obviously isn’t everything to him

Butler isn’t going to Miami as he wants to get paid AND win. Heat can’t do either so maybe he goes to the Lakers if Sixers don’t offer him 5 year deal

Kyrie has allegedly already moved to NYC

GSW will almost certainly offer max deals to KD & Klay

Maybe Kemba or Harris

Edit: Pels playing hard ball on timing means Lakers only have 24 million in cap space

They’re going to tax hell
        Last edited by Tomjas; 06-18-2019, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• So far the lakers are looking like the most stacked team in the west.

If they get kyrie or kemba they're back in ring contention.

Comment

• How KD could stay in GS after Draymond told him what he really thought of him?

As a man, one of them has got to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
              So far the lakers are looking like the most stacked team in the west.

If they get kyrie or kemba they're back in ring contention.
              I dont know about stacked, they have like 4 players on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                I dont know about stacked, they have like 4 players on the roster.
                I'm not completely up to date on the current roster, and I havent been following the lakers til now but far as I know, lance stephenson, tyson chandler, rajon rondo and kuzma haven't been traded yet.
                Last edited by llll; 06-18-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
                  I'm not completely up to date on the current roster, and I havent been following the lakers til now but far as I know, lance stephenson, tyson chandler, rajon rondo and kuzma haven't been traded yet.

All are free agents except Kuzma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Lakers are interesting right now.

Since Golden State is not around right now, they are trying to win now.

Houston, is a mess. Warriors ****ed them mentally Chris Paul and Harden didn't mesh and now it's public.

Oh, Warriors should offer Klay and Kevin the max. I think they will stay together. In the meantime they should go out and get Waiters for this upcoming season to replace Klay.
                    Did you lose a bet or you jumping off the bandwagon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Did you lose a bet or you jumping off the bandwagon?
                      I lost a avi bet with Boston Guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X