Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one fight are you looking forward to tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabiti vs Dorticos is the matchup im most excited for, with Briedis-Glowacki a close 2nd
    Also 2morrow Sunday Kudryashov vs Makabu (Cruiserweight) a battle of HUGE punchers thats a matchup you should NOT miss

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      There's only two fights worth talking about. Breidis v glow just to see what they have in careers with early success.

Warrington v Galahad because about 5 years ago, galahad was one of the best prospects on the planet, dazzling speed and power but time away from the ring and diminishing results have dimmed the star. Was he ever that good? We can find out tonight
      The thing with Galahad which might make tonight a good fight is that he seems to raise and lower his level to the opposition. Sometimes you get fighters like that with so much ability that they find it easy and coast. If that’s the case, then we might see his real ability tonight, if he’s as good as people who really know him say.

If you take the British Featherweights such as Galahad, Frampton, Warrington, Selby (when he fought there), I’d say Galahad is the most naturally gifted boxer out of them. Very fluid in the ring with his switch hitting style, he’s one of the most comfortable switch hitters I’ve seen, it’s barely noticeable that he’s changed stance.

But tonight will be about more than just that, he will need to show he can really fight and show grit.

It’ll be hard to see him getting a decision in Leeds if it’s any way competitive. Plus he’s a Hearn fighter fighting on a Warren show.
      Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-15-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Warrington Vs Galahad.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          The thing with Galahad which might make tonight a good fight is that he seems to raise and lower his level to the opposition. Sometimes you get fighters like that with so much ability that they find it easy and coast. If that’s the case, then we might see his real ability tonight, if he’s as good as people who really know him say.

If you take the British Featherweights such as Galahad, Frampton, Warrington, Selby (when he fought there), I’d say Galahad is the most naturally gifted boxer out of them. Very fluid in the ring with his switch hitting style, he’s one of the most comfortable switch hitters I’ve seen, it’s barely noticeable that he’s changed stance.

But tonight will be about more than just that, he will need to show he can really fight and show grit.

It’ll be hard to see him getting a decision in Leeds if it’s any way competitive. Plus he’s a Hearn fighter fighting on a Warren show.
          We may have seen the best of Galahad and in all honesty, I don't think it was enough. He looked brilliant in patches but you have to do more with vociferous home support and a busy fighter. Talent wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            We may have seen the best of Galahad and in all honesty, I don't think it was enough. He looked brilliant in patches but you have to do more with vociferous home support and a busy fighter. Talent wasted.
            Maybe so.

I actually had him winning more rounds than Warrington in a very scrappy awful fight. The problem is that you can’t go to a guys hometown, on your opponents promoters show and TV network and pot shot and grapple your way to an ugly decision and get the win.

Galahad shot himself in the foot the way he fought, even though i actually felt he won more rounds. But he must’ve known he was never getting a decision like that.

Seems unfair to criticise him in a way when you could argue he won that fight but fighters need to be more savvy in these situations. We know how the game works and you aren’t getting decisions on another fighters show with his promoter and TV behind them if you fight like that, win or not.

Reminded me a bit of Hughie Fury v Parker. Different kind of fight but Galahad’s mentality was like Hughie when Hughie thought he could just do enough to nick rounds with his boxing ability and pick up a win but it doesn’t work like that.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-16-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Maybe so.

I actually had him winning more rounds than Warrington in a very scrappy awful fight. The problem is that you can’t go to a guys hometown, on your opponents promoters show and TV network and pot shot and grapple your way to an ugly decision and get the win.

Galahad shot himself in the foot the way he fought, even though i actually felt he won more rounds. But he must’ve known he was never getting a decision like that.

Seems unfair to criticise him in a way when you could argue he won that fight but fighters need to be more savvy in these situations. We know how the game works and you aren’t getting decisions on another fighters show with his promoter and TV behind them if you fight like that, win or not.

Reminded me a bit of Hughie Fury v Parker. Different kind of fight but Galahad’s mentality was like Hughie when Hughie thought he could just do enough to nick rounds with his boxing ability and pick up a win but it doesn’t work like that.
              His tactics were spot on but he needed to assert more pressure. He could not do that because I think he has hit the ceiling of his abilities.

Comment

Working...
              X