You heard it here first: Whyte is fighting Zhilei Zhang next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    Watch again... carefully.

The interviewer said "can you tell us something we don't know yet?" to Dillian Whyte. Whyte then responded with "He's Chinese"...then the interviewer responded "So maybe Zhilei Zhang?", Whyte then smiled
    Dillian often teases and misleads the interviewers on Boxing Social and iFL.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it, because I can't see Sky allowing that fight as a PPV.

At least Kuzmin and Kabayel have been on Sky before for beating Price and Chisora. That's just about sellable with a strong undercard.

But the Chinese guy? I'd be shocked.

Comment

I'm joking of course I heard of him but this is beyond ridiculous for Whyte to go from originally turning down the AJ fight to this

Boxing just don't care they're just rolling out whatever match they want to roll out and of course you will have GROUPIE FANS who defend this as well

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        Whatever happened to that other huge Chinese HW fighting out of the US? Taisan or something was his name...

Edit: It was Taishan Dong. Not fought since 2015 weesh.
        yeah I remember his last fight, he KTFO out of that beer belly couch potato. Last I read he's under a development contract with the WWE. Good for him, because if he stuck with boxing he was gonna get KTFO himself when he stepped in with a real boxer. He was really slow and stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
          yeah I remember his last fight, he KTFO out of that beer belly couch potato. Last I read he's under a development contract with the WWE. Good for him, because if he stuck with boxing he was gonna get KTFO himself when he stepped in with a real boxer. He was really slow and stiff.
          Was that KO of the security guard or whatever he was? lol I think I remember that too on some midweek night show.

He was slow as molasses for sure, but his jab and reach I thought may have cause problems for some if he worked hard but yeah, he was stiff as they come

From his wiki it said he left WWE.

Comment

Would be a huge step up for Zhang, but he is a big, strong southpaw. Think it would be a sneaky dangerous fight for Whyte, but I doubt Zhang ends up being the opponent

Comment

Oscar Rivas is the rumour

Comment

Working...
              X