Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder and Fury Don't Want Joshua - Now Fans Know!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    That would have been on DAZN or Showtime whoever offered the most.

You want DAZN to offer the fight and a date but it can't have anything to do with Eddie or Wembley?

Wtf, are you ******ed?
    Didn't they just do that..sans the date?

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
      What a shock Joshua wants to only fight real competition if they will except only a small percentage of the purse, he gets to control the entire venue including where the fight happens, ring size and even the judges and lets not forget the rematch clause if he gets clipped on the chin and his hand picked referee can't help him. Joshua is to boxing what the WWE is to wrestling. Joshua's camp should just quiet down and let the real fighters talk.
      So if Joshua accepted the 50 million he would have had his own judges and venue and choice of network?

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        Stop making stuff up DAZN aren't going to get enough subscribers from Wilder fighting nobodies to make 40 mil justifyable just like Wilder isn't gonna get enough PPV's fighting Brezeale to justify putting it on PPV. AJ was included just like every decent reporter has said, even Wilders team have said AJ was included.

Listen Boxing Scholar

Pugmire article stated AJ wasn’t guaranteed
        There’s no mention of a % if /when AJ fight happend

I assume Matchroom would control Wilder for a year and a bit and would be able to pick his next 2 opponets. I’m
        Sure they’d do their best to take his strap off his hands and have one of their fighters hold its , so a AJ fight couldnt materialize and Giving Matchroom/Dazn complete control of the HW division without risking AJ

Whoever’s involved should just set up the fight with a rematch no hoops / no warm ups . Just the fight everything else is BS

Wilder gets to control his career and still has the lotto ticket and when / I’d the fights made with a rematch ,
        could easily make up for whatever $ he turned down with Dazn

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
          Do you remember the state Fury was in when he signed to fight Wilder? He’d just got booed out of the ring against Pianeta in a fight where he got clipped a number of times.

Fury was not a scary prospect at the time, not one bit
          I don't think anyone expected the Fury that got in the ring with Pineta to show up against Wilder. He was better than anyone thought for sure, but the whole boxing world saw how hard he was working in his comeback before the fight was signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            I hear you. Maybe Wilder looks at it from the perspective that Finkel helped him parlay 12.5 into 40 so maybe he help him parlay 40 into 50 or 60. Maybe Wilder is addicted to gambling with his financial future..lol
            See you say that but if they had taken the AJ fight then and fought Fury now wouldn't that be worth like 40 mil +? Also he'd have the 15 mil in his bank plus whatever from the rematch with AJ (30/40 mil in rematch maybe) I guess it could be the right move if AJ beats Wilder but if he'd won he'd be have the US following and be able to put shows like Breazeale on PPV.

Also there is the possibility that not only Wilder but AJ could loose as well so sometimes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

You did have a point as to why they can't offer just the AJ fights although showtime have confirmed they won't be paying Wilder as much to fight Breazeale as DAZN offered so I can't see how Finkel can claim to have Wilders best interest in mind and get him to take smaller paydays repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Listen Boxing Scholar

I assume Matchroom would control Wilder for a year and a bit and would be able to pick his next 2 opponets. I’m
              Sure they’d do their best to take his strap off his hands and have one of their fighters hold its , so a AJ fight couldnt materialize and Giving Matchroom/Dazn complete control of the HW division without risking AJ

Whoever’s involved should just set up the fight with a rematch no hoops / no warm ups . Just the fight everything else is BS

Wilder gets to control his career and still has the lotto ticket and when / I’d the fights made with a rematch ,
              The deal reflected fights against Joshua but did not guarantee when or a time frame for when they would happen. The reason being is that Joshua isn't on DAZN contract, at best if true DAZN only has a right to match any offer for Joshua to fight in the US. So to me, that would make Wilder a DAZN fighter until Joshua agreed on an amount to fight Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                Listen Boxing Scholar

Link the article that contradicts Wilders team and everyone else.

DAZN isn't matchroom they aren't about getting AJ a fighter who has no contract with them all the belts, they want more subscribers, which fight is going to get them the most subscribers?

Wilders in control of his own career but what happens if AJ takes an un-expected L?

Also you'd have to be ******ed to quote one source and ignore every other one just because it helps with your narrative... ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  The deal reflected fights against Joshua but did not guarantee when or a time frame for when they would happen. The reason being is that Joshua isn't on DAZN contract, at best if true DAZN only has a right to match any offer for Joshua to fight in the US. So to me, that would make Wilder a DAZN fighter until Joshua agreed on an amount to fight Wilder.
                  Come off it no one could expect Wilder to sign without getting AJ locked in as well and DAZN aren't gonna pay that money to get fights that aren't PPV worthy which would be AJ or Fury. Negotiations never made it that far as to getting AJ's side involved.

Plus with how hard they are finding it to poach fighters already do you really think they're going to mess Wilder around and damage their name?

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    See you say that but if they had taken the AJ fight then and fought Fury now wouldn't that be worth like 40 mil +? Also he'd have the 15 mil in his bank plus whatever from the rematch with AJ (30/40 mil in rematch maybe) I guess it could be the right move if AJ beats Wilder but if he'd won he'd be have the US following and be able to put shows like Breazeale on PPV.

Also there is the possibility that not only Wilder but AJ could loose as well so sometimes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

You did have a point as to why they can't offer just the AJ fights although showtime have confirmed they won't be paying Wilder as much to fight Breazeale as DAZN offered so I can't see how Finkel can claim to have Wilders best interest in mind and get him to take smaller paydays repeatedly.
                    Wilder fighting Fury has boosted his profile and doubled his worth in a AJ fight. Seems like a smart move even if the draw is considered sketchy by many. The smaller paydays seem to increasing his value to the networks. $20M for Breazeale is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      It was FURY who pulled out of fight and even said so.He said no fight NEXT and MAYBE 2nd of 5 fight deal.He came right out and said so for u to say it was Wilder just makes EVERYTHING you say BS.
                      What’s wrong with Wilder fans, you’d have to be living under a rock not to know Breazeale was always his next fight, how’d you think that fight got made instantly the news of Tyson’s new contract broke? Haymon has had it lined up for a year now, if he’d lost to Fury (which he did as it turns out, but anyway Haymon wasn’t gonna let that happen either), then he’d been scrambling for a rematch but he managed to salvage that situation and so it’s back to Plan A, keep hold of the belt as long as possible.

If you think the stuff you read in the media is true, you’re being puppeted by the Haymon machine.

Comment

Working...
                      X