Clear All

Originally posted by mexican_puppet View Post
    canelo has better skills than crawford, only with loma is a close race

the same loma said that canelo is the better body puncher in the world
    ok........

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Loma LOST against Salido...
      Identical fight with Canelo v Salido, do you think Salido would have won on any cards ?

And no ref would allow Nelo to get hit in the nuts that much and expect to work again - Nelo would have been up on the cards at the point of Salido's DQ.

Judges and ref can make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        But his resume is so much better
        Is that only if you accept the official results of fights?

Because I don't think you should do that when looking at P4P.

If you look at Canelo's resume as most people believe it should be, then it doesn't look so good. I.E. a loss and a draw with GGG, and a loss to Lara. I don't think his loss to Mayweather really affects things much right now.

Then if you also add in the question marks from his positive PED results, it also doesn't look so good.

So if you accept official results, ignore catchweight nonsense, ignore the spectre of PEDs, and ignore the eye test... but why would anyone do that unless they were fangirls?

Comment

How Khan is included as a meaningful win by Crawford blows my mind. Khan has beaten nobody in 4 years.

Agree with the general idea of the article, Loma & Bud > Canelo in P4P. But for me the defining factor is PEDs. Canelo tested positive, I refuse straight out to rate a known PED cheater in P4P rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            An Australian talking about boxing lol
            Yeah, it's great to be objective. Since there aren't any Aussies near the P4P lists, I don't have any biases.

So I see Crawford and Loma as being P4P better than Canelo not because of any agenda or parochialism, and without any agenda. It is just unemotional facts.

But seeing the people who got triggered by this article, it is funny to see how emotionally invested they are. Who cares about facts, when feelings are so important, right?

Fact: Loma is better than Canelo P4P.
            Feeling: You feel like Canelo is #1.

It's nice to be objective. I see it as a positive thing. You seem to see it as a negative, but that is just because you are emotional about this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              The simple truth is that Loma is a better fighter than Canelo.

What is P4P? It's a way to compare fighters between weight classes. It is asking who the best fighter on the planet is, if weight was irrelevant.

It is easy, and clear, to see that Loma would beat Canelo in the P4P sense, probably without losing a single round. That is all there is to it. Loma is a better fighter.

People can wave their hands around all they want. They can try to justify putting Canelo at #1 until they are blue in the face. But they can't argue around the simple fact, that in the P4P sense Loma is unlikely to lose a single round to Canelo, and so must be considered higher P4P.

Canelo, despite his vast experience, is still improving. That's awesome to see. I don't know if he will ever match Loma, in the P4P skills sense. That's not an insult to Canelo. He isn't a generational talent. He's still worth watching.
              Canelo is better than Orlando Salido. Just sayin’

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Canelo is better than Orlando Salido. Just sayin’
                I agree, absolutely.

Comment

Is that only if you accept the official results of fights?

Because I don't think you should do that when looking at P4P.

If you look at Canelo's resume as most people believe it should be, then it doesn't look so good. I.E. a loss and a draw with GGG, and a loss to Lara. I don't think his loss to Mayweather really affects things much right now.

Then if you also add in the question marks from his positive PED results, it also doesn't look so good.

So if you accept official results, ignore catchweight nonsense, ignore the spectre of PEDs, and ignore the eye test... but why would anyone do that unless they were fangirls?
                  Lomachencko’s fans seem to do a pretty good job of ignoring that he lost to Salido and was dropped by Linares. Neither of which would be in the top five(possibly top ten) of Canelo’s career opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Identical fight with Canelo v Salido, do you think Salido would have won on any cards ?

And no ref would allow Nelo to get hit in the nuts that much and expect to work again - Nelo would have been up on the cards at the point of Salido's DQ.

Judges and ref can make a difference.
                    Canelo would K.O Salido in less of 10 rounds

Excuses, Salido was a problem to Loma, he landed good shots all night

Lomachenko said that the fight against salido was the hardest of his whole career

Comment

Yeah, it's great to be objective. Since there aren't any Aussies near the P4P lists, I don't have any biases.

So I see Crawford and Loma as being P4P better than Canelo not because of any agenda or parochialism, and without any agenda. It is just unemotional facts.

But seeing the people who got triggered by this article, it is funny to see how emotionally invested they are. Who cares about facts, when feelings are so important, right?

Fact: Loma is better than Canelo P4P.
                      Feeling: You feel like Canelo is #1.

It's nice to be objective. I see it as a positive thing. You seem to see it as a negative, but that is just because you are emotional about this topic.

Fact: canelo has better career, better wins, and better skills.

A lot of people is saying he is the best.

Thats the reason that this bi.tch that works with Top Rank and was Fired by the ring is saying this.

Fact: salido is the daddy of Loma

Comment

Working...
                      X