lets be honest...does anyone really GAF about golovkin anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets be honest...does anyone really GAF about golovkin anymore

does anybody GAF about golovkin anymore to be honest

he had his run...its winding down....it was more disappointing than impressive....unless you consider him knocking out guys like Curtis stevens impressive....when stevens was bested by D level club guys like jesse Brinkley and marcos primera

yep he dispatched a bunch of C level guys so hbo could try to build a star

hes a good fighter....but he sold everyone a bill of goods and some let it go without even dare questioning it....others, real boxing fans, actually watched it unfold and realize he talked a lot and said a lot but it was a bunch of garbage

not many interested in a 3rd canelo fight...most realize he cant do much better against a guy that his fans swore he would murder

its no surprise if he truly doesn't want Andrade...he ducked lara when lara would have been the best name on his resume...he did this for at least 2 year span

he talked all that noise about anyone from 154 to 168....lara yelled he wanted the fight and golovkins side never called...and when asked about lara they said "get in line at 160 and then maybe you can have a fight"......they tucked tail when a featherfisted 168 ward came calling...id give them a pass for that almost...cause ward is friggin good...and a lil bigger and ward would have been the favorite....but no excuse for not fighting lara when lara would have been best name on his resume and lara had headlined plenty of shows on premium and regular cable at that point

good on him though...he stole hbos money for a few years...now it appears hes going to parlay that into another heist with DAZN.....cant fault a man for getting life changing, generational, paper

I know you're trolling, but while I do respect GGG's career, I agree with the overall point. His best version is at least three or four years ago, and he's pretty much finished.

You can't just eat shots and expect an extra-long career in boxing.

Comment

How is he pretty much finished when he was damn near even with Canelo in his last fight? Even if you had Canelo winning (I did), it was in the 7-5 range. Majority actually had GGG winning 7-5. Like anyone else, if GGG isn't fighting great competition, then it is hard to get interested in his fights. If he is fighting one of the top dogs, then I'd definitely be interested. So if he fights the winner of Canelo/Jacobs? That would be great. If it is another dud opponent? Then meh, it is what it is.

Comment

Preach man! We had to hear all this constant fake news about ggg being an atg an p4p for years and now it’s your turn to talk man! GGG isn’t shet!

Comment

You certainly seem to care since you find every excuse to talk about him, even in threads that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with him.

Moving along.

I think Golovkin has gotten complacent. On his way up he wanted to fight the best and now that he's achieved his goals or at least a portion of, he's saying fuck the fans. He only wants a challenge if it's gonna make him a shitload of money (in this case Canelo).

Comment

As long as he still has haters

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              You certainly seem to care since you find every excuse to talk about him, even in threads that have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with him.

Moving along.

I think Golovkin has gotten complacent. On his way up he wanted to fight the best and now that he's achieved his goals or at least a portion of, he's saying fuck the fans. He only wants a challenge if it's gonna make him a shitload of money (in this case Canelo).
              In other news he is a business man like the rest of them. He played a nice shtick talking about Mexican Style and #AllTheBelts but that was nothing but great promoting. And guess what? Nothing wrong with that. But to think he is any different than the rest was laughable. GGG wants that bag, and he got just that. And will get a GREAT pay day against Canelo in September if he is to get past Jacobs.

Comment

I cared until he showed that he doesn't want to be a serious boxer.

Comment

Unless he is fighting top COMP it's a waste of a fight at this point.

With Andrade, Saunders, Charlo ect... out there on that second tier with GEE its disappointing DAZN/teamGEE decided to take the same level of comp they snacked on with HBO.

Comment

You clearly do. Most your posts include him somehow even if it's got nothing to do with him.

I personally don't. He was a very good fighter but I never saw "great" and at 37 he's clearly on the decline. I thought the Jacobs fight was ok but nothing spectacular and same for the Canelo fights with the first being a major dud IMO so I'm not that entertained by the fights anymore or the prospect of them. I barely cared by the time of GGG-Canelo II and I probably wouldn't even tune in if they fight again.

I can't begrudge him for collecting the money they throw at him though.

Comment

Working...
                    X