Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't see 5-6, I would have thought 3-4

Comment

Stay at 160 and fight the best there come on there's Jacobs, Boo Boo with belts now, Charlo even i would take it fight by fight at G's age he'll be 37 the next time he fights.

Comment

GGG should've went to 168 for Ward! That was a legacy move! Instead he sat around fighting bums, waiting on Canelo to move up! Now that Canelo is moving up, he's thinking of doing the same! A day late, and a dollar short!

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I think he knew while Canelo was fresh he was beating him to the punch almost everytime.
          Plus them punches from Nelo certainly looked like they could do alot of damage.
          GGG had to wait till Nelo slowed down abit for him to start doing any damage.
          I don't think GGG can beat Csnelo now and GGG probably knows this.
          Not in Vegas with GBP judges, and he knows Canelo won't fight him anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah I think 5-6 fights is wishful thinking more like 2-3 and that’s just based of his recent performances.

Comment

Groves @168

Comment

5 - 6 more fights ? 2 - 3 more years for a guy who's 36 doesn't sound too good.
                Sounds like Abel's trying to get the most out of his cash cow before the well drys up.

Comment

I can see both Canelo and Golovkin staying at 168.
                  Either of the 2 vs David Benavidez is FOTY

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    I would like to know why, from the opening bell he retreated from Canelo in 2nd fight? Esp., after calling out Canelo for not previously staying in the pocket.

Did Canelo all of a sudden get much stronger? Did GGG lose his punch resistance or reflexes?

GGG came on in the last few rds, and may have eked out a draw, not afforded to him. But he retreated for the first few rds? Why?
                    A couple things, I think GGG ceded the initiative but he didn't retreat. Retreating would mean going to the ropes and constantly moving away. For the most part he stayed in the center of the ring and just kept fighting in circles.

Why did he do that instead of coming forward like he usually does? I think Canelo decision to be the aggressor surprised him. I think Canelo's handspeed surprised him even more. Canelo was always faster but he was much less bulkier for the second fight (we all know why) which probably sped him up a couple beats faster than the first fight. I think its what made all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      GGG should've went to 168 for Ward! That was a legacy move! Instead he sat around fighting bums, waiting on Canelo to move up! Now that Canelo is moving up, he's thinking of doing the same! A day late, and a dollar short!
                      Andre Ward hadn't made 168 since 2013. He should have stayed at 168 if he wanted GGG so badly. There were plenty of quality fighters there to keep him busy like Carl Froch, the Dirrell Brothers, Lucien Bute, James DeGeale, George Groves, Badou Jack, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Gilberto Ramirez.

But Ward moved up. He fought Sergei Kovalev which I give him mad props for but if he wanted the GGG fight there were plenty of quality fights he could have had to keep himself busy and in shape in the meantime. He chose not to.

Comment

Working...
                      X