Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Eyed For March 16, AT&T Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Eyed For March 16, AT&T Stadium

According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, the proposed showdown between Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence is heading to a date of March 16 - at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It's being reported that site deal has been reached between the venue and Premier Boxing Champions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let’s go Mikey , big balls with that move

Comment

Lame. Sacrificing the actual great fight, Mikey vs Loma, to make this fight, when they could easily do both if they did it in the proper order, Mikey-Loma next, then Mikey-Spence once Mikey moves up. Spence-Mikey would be way bigger if Mikey moved up with all 4 lightweight titles. Or even if Mikey loses to Loma at 135, that's like being outboxed by Floyd at a lower weight, it doesn't mean anything as you move up vs slower guys. Loma is a better defensive boxer than Mikey, but Mikey is a better one than Spence. So even if Mikey lost to Loma, his name recognition would double from doing ESPN's first big PPV fight, and Spence-Mikey would become twice as big in the future.

But if Mikey loses to Spence, and then has to move down two weight classes to fight Loma, it kills the Loma fight. So Mikey is about to lose money on both the Spence fight compared to what it could be, AND the Loma fight, and for his trouble, he will also spit on the sport he loves (or at least participates in), and probably also take a beating.

But hey, smart business move, Mikey!

Comment

mikey is a fkn g

#allin
        #lionsonly
        #ballsofsteel

Comment

I like Garcia... a ton. He deserves all the credit in the world for this.

Spence will win this. He could move up to 154 whenever he likes. He is almost as quick, every bit as skilled, and bigger. I don't understand this fight. I really don't. It reminds me of the Rigondeaux/Lomachenko fight in that it was easy to promote based on reputations and records, but anyone who follows the sport pretty much knew what would happen so long as both fighters showed up healthy and prepared. Unlike Rigo, Garcia is in his prime, so I give him a better shot. But Spence just is so much bigger. I worry Crawford may be too small for him, and he has been tested at 147. It is a good money fight, I guess.

Comment

I've known Junior since he was a kid and I used to hang out and go clubbing with Mikey all the time when he was with Top Rank. Honestly, they are pretty close to the same size. Should be a good fight.

Comment

hey, where are all the guys who insisted this would never happen?

where are the guys who said that Mikey is all talk?

it's ok guys..... you can use this thread to make your apologies

line up please, the queue forms here_________

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Lame. Sacrificing the actual great fight, Mikey vs Loma, to make this fight, when they could easily do both if they did it in the proper order, Mikey-Loma next, then Mikey-Spence once Mikey moves up. Spence-Mikey would be way bigger if Mikey moved up with all 4 lightweight titles. Or even if Mikey loses to Loma at 135, that's like being outboxed by Floyd at a lower weight, it doesn't mean anything as you move up vs slower guys. Loma is a better defensive boxer than Mikey, but Mikey is a better one than Spence. So even if Mikey lost to Loma, his name recognition would double from doing ESPN's first big PPV fight, and Spence-Mikey would become twice as big in the future.

But if Mikey loses to Spence, and then has to move down two weight classes to fight Loma, it kills the Loma fight. So Mikey is about to lose money on both the Spence fight compared to what it could be, AND the Loma fight, and for his trouble, he will also spit on the sport he loves (or at least participates in), and probably also take a beating.

I’ve been having this argument all week but pbc fanboys are trying to tell me otherwise. The same people that crucified ggg for fighting brook are advocating this bs

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

Agree with everything you said. Loma-Mikey wouldn’t carry much weight anymore, esp if spence puts on a career beating KO to Mikey.

Not even a smart business move. It’s not like this fight will do a million ppv and oscar floyd pac kinda payday, and would catapult u to a ppv star.

The smart business move would be to fight an aging pac and get what you could from the remaining light on his torch, which is pretty much winnable. Then fight Loma.
                  Spence fight could be push to 2020, dpends on how Mikey deals with lesser 147 fighters.

Shame and lame

Comment

This is going to be monumental I think its a 50-50 fight and I know mikey is the underdog but he has the better resume and experience where spence has pure power. Fight could go anyway but I'm going with mikey.

Comment

Working...
                    X