Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 5 years time no one will remember GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope people can forget torment Hopkins gave boxing fans during his career, that guy is hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
      No he wouldnt lol. Wouldnt be competition to a 37 yr old GGG. Im,a,fan of the sport. Wish more ppl were individualist like myself and didnt lump all thoughts together...silly. I said they hold mw record together. That means alot no matter what anyone says
      current joe smith woudl absolutely blow golovkin to smithereens....lol...and id bet my retirement on it

you are delusional to think golovkin could compete with a big, strong, LHW......golovkin is getting touched up by a jr mw....and hes not able to crack canelos chin either.....smith would walk through and hurt golovkin badly.......theres a reason why golovkins career is c level mws with canelo and kell brook on it....theres a reason hes called out mayweather and avoided a featherfisted andre ward

you guys have always been delusional when it comes to golovkin but thinking hes going to beat a solid LHW is surefire proof.....theres nothing to suggest he could compete with a sold LHW other than abels tall gym tales

Comment

5 years?

Are we all going to get early dementia?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          On the other hand you will all know who Hopkins, Mosley, Mayweather, Ray leonard, Holy field, Tyson were because these were great fighters who fought good opposition.

As for this GGG fellow I think he was just a fraud. How could his resume be full of so man tomato cans?
          Why?Because you say so? Who the fuc are you to decide who won't be remembered just because you personally don't like him. His opposition was good regardless of what you say. Guys he knocked out are still in the top 10 today and he fought the two best middleweights in the world. He had 20 successful title defenses and 26 KOs in a row and boxing fans will always remember that. When he is a first ballot hall of fame fighter you can try to explain to other fight fans that he really is no good and only fought tomato cans. I doubt they will believe you.

Comment

Beating Canelo was Golovkin's best shot at longevity. If he got the decision in the first fight it might make a stronger argument for him being remembered but it was close enough where half the people thought Canelo won.

Golovkin will be remembered by his fans but the boxing world will only remember him as the guy who got beat by Canelo . TWICE...

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
              Nah he's legit. He just needs another win vs a good middleweight to get this bad taste out of his mouth. The Canelo loss really gave his brand a big hit and his name collapsed.

Went from Middleweight beast, to exposed by Canelo.
              His brand might have collapsed on this board but his brand is doing great in the real world with everyone wanting his services. More viewers thought he beat Canelo than thought he lost to Canelo according to polls I've seen and Canelo is a damn good fighter. I'd hardly call that being exposed. He has a net worth of 30 million and that ties him with AJ as the 2nd richest active boxer next to Canelo so he is doing just fine.

Comment

You could say the same for Andre Ward yet he's supposedly the guy GGG ducked.

As long as Canelo is fighting, people will remember GGG. 20 years from now, I doubt he's mentioned in the same breath as a Hagler.

Comment

Hopkins his out at 160 and padded his record with no-hopers. Biggest wins were blown up welters. Highly overrated and one of the dirtiest fighters ever. His claim to fame is fighting into an advanced age. All the other fighters you mentioned had big names to elevate their popularity. GGG tied and if wasn’t robbed beat the MW title defense record.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    current joe smith woudl absolutely blow golovkin to smithereens....lol...and id bet my retirement on it

you are delusional to think golovkin could compete with a big, strong, LHW......golovkin is getting touched up by a jr mw....and hes not able to crack canelos chin either.....smith would walk through and hurt golovkin badly.......theres a reason why golovkins career is c level mws with canelo and kell brook on it....theres a reason hes called out mayweather and avoided a featherfisted andre ward

you guys have always been delusional when it comes to golovkin but thinking hes going to beat a solid LHW is surefire proof.....theres nothing to suggest he could compete with a sold LHW other than abels tall gym tales
                    Spoken like the good true dedicated GGG hater that you are. But you're an idiot so your opinion doesn't mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      His brand might have collapsed on this board but his brand is doing great in the real world with everyone wanting his services. More viewers thought he beat Canelo than thought he lost to Canelo according to polls I've seen and Canelo is a damn good fighter. I'd hardly call that being exposed. He has a net worth of 30 million and that ties him with AJ as the 2nd richest active boxer next to Canelo so he is doing just fine.

To be clear, i meant people said he was exposed. I dont believe that. I think he's legit and just needs another fight against another middleweight not named Canelo to rise again. He'll KO them. He's still got it.

Comment

Working...
                      X