No announcement yet.

What fight was Pacquiao's peak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight was Pacquiao's peak?

In what fight was Pac in the most top form or what we call peak, that could have beaten a prime Mayweather?

I think it was the Pac that fought Hatton. What do you think?

2009 - 2011. Cotto, Margarito.

Comment

I'd say the Cotto fight.

Comment

Cotto...the last fight before Floyd asked him to take the test

Comment

That bum never had one.

Comment

2006-2008 that was when he was at his most explosive and unpredictable. The better he got technically it kind of affected the parts of his game that made him so special. The Pacquaio from Marquez II (which he really lost) is probably his best but in 2009 he looked devastating at 147 but I don't think he fought anyone on Marquez' level there.

Comment

Pac vs Morales 2 and 3 at 130
              Pac vs De la Hoya at 147
              Pac vs Hatton at 140

This is even more incredible when you factor in that Pac jumped up to 147 and then dropped down to 140 so it was his first fights at both weights. And what did he do? He gave 2 future HOFers a career worst beating and Morales is a future HOFer who kept fighting after Pac but he was done after the Pac fight. Danny Garcia gets no credit for beating a washed up Morales in my book

Comment

probably around the cotto fight. not sure if he ever beats mayweather...but we would have definitely gotten a better fight than the farce it turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  probably around the cotto fight. not sure if he ever beats mayweather...but we would have definitely gotten a better fight than the farce it turned out to be.
                  people still pretend floyd won that fight? he was outclassed. couldntl and anything clean or flush. lil taps and grazes. pathetic. pac outboxed him easily. he knew he would get the decision so he fought not to get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    That bum never had one.
                    Come on, that's unfair.

I say it was Mosley, 2011. That's just before the loss of Ariza Shakes, mind you.

Comment

Working...
                    X