Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Battle w Addiction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the OP is still doing well and fully recovered. I grew up around addicts and alcoholics for most of my life. Friends, family, colleagues, etc. Three years ago I almost lost someone very close to me who was addicted to heroin, and I did everything in my power to help him get clean. The problem is, only the addict can get themselves the help they need or find the strength to quit. Addicts are master manipulators and when someone is hooked, they will tell whatever lie to themselves and others to get their next fix. If you want to know if an addict is lying to you, just see if their mouth is moving.

This is not a slam on addicts. It is a cold hard reality of what these drugs do to you. They rob you of your soul, your dignity, and passions in life. For anyone who is feeling apprehensive or ashamed of family finding out...make no mistake, if you use that shyt long enough you will be doing things to get your next fix that you could never have imagined yourself doing. If you are on the fence about asking for help, get off the fence. Get the help you need, the support you will need from your family, and take it one day at a time. At the same time, put as much distance between you and the people you were/are getting high with. Unfortunately, recovery is all or nothing at all. You can't have these people in your life so make a clean break. Delete their numbers, avoid at all costs.

Recovery is like prison, you don't count weeks, months, years while recovering, you check off each day. You wake up and make a conscious decision not to use or take a drink that day. Sometimes its overwhelming for people to give up vices when looking at it in terms of forever, so take it one day at a time. Small victories.

Lastly, leave the shame and regret behind. Don't beat yourself up over all the money you lost, people you hurt, bridges you've burned and all the compromises you made to get high. Once you've gotten yourself on the path to recovery, be a better friend to yourself, don't dwell on regrets. Learn from them, find an opportunity for growth, and when you are strong enough, perhaps one day you can help someone else get their life back.

Comment

speedfreaks are the worse. its so cheap. the white hillbillys get behind it and wreak havok on their own, their neighbors and others.
      would rather live across the street from junkies then the "up all night " country cornpone crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by STEELHEAD View Post
        speedfreaks are the worse. its so cheap. the white hillbillys get behind it and wreak havok on their own, their neighbors and others.
        would rather live across the street from junkies then the "up all night " country cornpone crowd.
        Speed is some crazy drug.
        I've seen it first hand in my family..
        Destroys lives.

Comment

Originally posted by STEELHEAD View Post
          after my next door neighbor OD'd on fentanyl i watched the cops carry his body out of the house in a rubber bag. a couple months later the meth heads moved in. i lived next door to a meth house for over 6 months, they were the kind of human trash who would sell their 2 year old daughter to a pimp for drugs. i've never met a meth addict with a conscience, if you think your life is worth anything, never use meth. i was so happy when the cops came to evict them, after over six months of having every kind of problem possible with them, i didn't get much sleep. had they stayed there another month i would have went next door with a baseball bat and crushed every single skull i could find in there and probably would be serving a life sentence in federal prison right now. circumstances in life can take you out without any warning, i wouldn't have made it this far if i spent all my time chasing my addictions around. every time i go downtown i see the meth head hookers, they look like skeletons, and one of them is a former model who now looks so ugly even i wouldn't **** her if she offered to pay me. that's what i think of whenever someone ask me if i want to get high

Comment

Butler is trying to kick his 8 c0ck a day habit.
            He's sick with the divk
            He left the Philippines to escape his a-d1ck-Shaun
            He's been trolling for BBC on boxingscene.
            Talk about otta the frying pan, into his culo.

Comment

Working...
            X