No announcement yet.

I have a couple questions for the boxing EXPERTS on here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a couple questions for the boxing EXPERTS on here

Question 1) Is a round where a guy gets knocked down in always a 10-8 round?

Reason I ask this is cause Freddie roach and frank warren have both come out and said that round 9 where wilder gets his first knockdown should have been a 10-9 round to wilder and not a 10-8. I always thought that it had to be a 10-8 at all times? Unless of course the other guy gets a knockdown or absolutely batters the other guy.

Question 2) Can power be taught or is it something you are blessed with? Like people say with chin, you either have a chin or you don’t, like Khan doesn’t and froch does. Is it the same with power?

Reason I ask this is cause why doesn’t Tyson Fury just train on increasing his power? He’d Be unstoppable if he just had more power in his shots, nobody would be able to beat the man!

Those are my questions to the experts which I am not, as silly as my questions might be

Where the experts at when you need them

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
      Question 1) Is a round where a guy gets knocked down in always a 10-8 round?
      No its not always 10-8.

Question 2) Can power be taught or is it something you are blessed with? Like people say with chin, you either have a chin or you don’t, like Khan doesn’t and froch does. Is it the same with power?
      A little of both. I think a cat like Wilder was blessed with power. I also think your power can be improved to one degree or another with strength training & technique improvements although I tend to doubt there'd be many cases where a guy improved his power enough to surpass a man who was blessed with power.

Comment

It seems like the Polish fighters all have good chins. I've never seen a Polish fighter who couldn't take one hell of a freaking beating and still not quit or get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
          Where the experts at when you need them
          We out getting hella pu$$y bro

Comment

It can be scored 10-9. At the time I was thinking it could well be a 10-9 round.
            It would have to be a pretty one sided Fury round bar the KD for it to be scored that way. With a few days passed I can't quite recall how the round panned out overall.

I think it's pretty rare judges score it that way though, I imagine they almost always go 10-8 to the go scoring the KD in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              It seems like the Polish fighters all have good chins. I've never seen a Polish fighter who couldn't take one hell of a freaking beating and still not quit or get knocked out.

True for polish ppl in general I used to play football with a polish guy he got kicked in the head at full force we all thought he was dead he stood up and had a huge wound that looked like a vagina on his head lol but didn't care he tried fighting ppl who wanted to take him to hospital

Comment

1) It does not need to be scored 10-8 every time.

10 point must. So, in a round where a fighter gets knocked down but wins the round on your card, it's acceptable to score it 10-9.

How you, the judge, makes that choice probably depends on when the knockdown happens during the round and how round was proceeding before and after. Of course, you'd imagine it would take some heroic action to pull that off and come back from 10-8, but not always, especially with flash knockdowns for example.

Overall, it's possible. But in practice it seems to be that the guy getting 9 would have really had to be putting on a clinic before and after the knockdown for it be 10-9 - it's pretty rare in most cases.
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 12-06-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Agreed Polish fighters make great punching bags

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                    True for polish ppl in general I used to play football with a polish guy he got kicked in the head at full force we all thought he was dead he stood up and had a huge wound that looked like a vagina on his head lol but didn't care he tried fighting ppl who wanted to take him to hospital
                    Scrolling up at 10000km/h and still my brain managed to pick out 'vagina'.

I truly am 99.999% heterosexual manliness

Comment

Working...
                    X