Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Mushrooms to Treat Mental Illness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    How long were you in this state of hallucination?
    A good 3 hours, then I started coming down.

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    Damn...I’m too scared to ever try them. I smoked some weed once that I’m pretty sure was laced with something. Everyone else said it wasn’t but I never had the feeling of terror from smoking marijuana...but that one time, I did. I will never smoke weed again because of that experience.
    There were moments were I thought I was losing my mind - and the scary thing - I was totally OK with it.

During the trip, I kept on telling myself, "just roll and surrender to it. Enjoy the ride."

It was like being in a whole different universe and dimension.

Comment

• First time I tried MM was in Amsterdam... it was a chocolate bar and was a dud for me, but my wife swears by it. A year later we went back and I tried fresh MM.
      It felt like a really bad trip... everything that irritated me that day was exponentially worse under the influence.

So I concluded that it’s not good recreationally if you have a lot in your mind and want to relax.

The locals recommends you walk around with friends and go to places that will keep your mood positive, like museums around town.
      Last edited by BuckToothed; 12-04-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I took a 'heroes dose' of mushrooms last Thursday when I was home alone. The trip was a roller coaster ride to another reality and universe. I laughed, I wept uncontrollably, I lost my sense of self (ego death), hallucinated and my perception of reality was severely altered - there was no sense of self, my depth perception was upside-down, the concept of linear time was gone, my sense of smell, touch and feeling was also up-ended. It was cathartic, terrifying, moving as well as fun.

It's an experience that I'm glad I had, but I'm in no rush to do it again, anytime soon. I've noticed some slight changes in my life - my sugar, alcohol, caffeine and food cravings are relatively nonexistent but some of fears are still in place. I was hoping for a more impactful change but I guess it's not miracle drug.
        Are you supposed to take doses of that size for depression purposes?

Comment

Last edited by BuckToothed; 12-04-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Are you supposed to take doses of that size for depression purposes?
            Yes, the "heroes dose" or "macro dose" is supposed to 'reboot' your brain by altering your sense of reality and then building it back.

Comment

• Made this thread almost a year ago; took the shrooms; still dealing with the same issues

Comment

Made this thread almost a year ago; took the shrooms; still dealing with the same issues
                What issues my nig? Can you elaborate?

Comment

• Originally posted by ikigai View Post
                  What issues my nig? Can you elaborate?
                  Negative thoughts, OCD, occasional insomnia, self doubt.

I still have some shrooms left but after doing the heroes dose I’m apprehensive of doing it again. Tripping is like entering The Twilight Zone - your sense of reality is shattered. It’s a scary but at the same time, enlightening place.

Comment

Negative thoughts, OCD, occasional insomnia, self doubt.

I still have some shrooms left but after doing the heroes dose I’m apprehensive of doing it again. Tripping is like entering The Twilight Zone - your sense of reality is shattered. It’s a scary but at the same time, enlightening place.
                    Try to imagine the fickleness of holding on to all those negative thpughts that you and only you are perpetuating. How redundant they are in the big picture.

Life passes moment by moment, second by second and we're unable to grasp it before it fades away forever.

Instead of attempting to grab the moment, try to exist in a perpetual state of letting go. A perpetual state of surrender because everything will pass no matter how hard you try to hold on...

So don't try to hold on... let everything go... everything. Go outside and watch the clouds stroll peacefully across the endless sky... watch the trees sway in the distance and watch the wind touch every leaf and blade of grass and try to realize there are a billion things happening all at once..

Once you reach a state of complete surrender, letting go of every thought and emotion and judgement, everything... let go of everything because wether you hold on to it or not it's still going to pass away.

Then you'll know grace, and peace.

Comment

• If you want to learn how to see nature, then study Van Gogh, one of the most brilliant human beings who ever existed.

Try to see the way he sees, how every brush stroke contributes to the larger picture of life and eternity and the overwhelming fever dream of being fully awake in the present moment.

Whenever I look at the world the way van gogh paints it, i am filled with unbelievable emotion, so much that I can't take it, and I lose my breath.

Comment

Working...
                      X