Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Shocking] Tommy Hearns has a net worth of $50,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's more shocking to me that he has $50.000 in the bank! lol. He has been broke for years. His big money fight's happened in the mid eighties, that's a long time ago.

Comment

A million dollar fight doesn't mean you go home with a million dollars!
      The fighter is responsible for his trainers, camp (housing, food, sparring, gym locations), medical tests, transportation (other than promo)

Ad in Uncle Sam's take (45 to 55%) all the hanger ons then after show party's.

In Tommy's case he had continuous tax problems on his side (personal)

Emanual Steward has never been accused of any bad business practices that I know of. My fighters fought his guys in the amateurs on a national level. I knew Manny since the mid seventies!

Ray

Comment

Hearns was terroble at managing money and he had alot of hangers on and entourage from detroit.
        Steward was a father figure towards hearns and i doubt very much he screwd him over.
        Thomas hearns could still make a very good living do seminars and special evenings around the world and usa.
        Some fighters just don't know how to utilise there talent after retiring....there born a fighter and they die a fighter !!!

Comment

I don't know that this is how much Tommy Hearns has but it's bizarre that this would be the conclusion you jump to if so and you can't even spell Steward's last name while accusing him of this. Check yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
            It's more shocking to me that he has $50.000 in the bank! lol. He has been broke for years. His big money fight's happened in the mid eighties, that's a long time ago.
            He made at least $20 million just for the 2 leonard fights....then yiu have hagler , duran which he must have got at least another 12 mill.....i wouod say his career earnings are at least $50 million and he should have got at worst 50% of that so if a man cannot invest and make sure he is covered for later in life then i have no sympathy for that.
            That is money that me and you will bever see in our lifetimes

Comment

".i wouod say his career earnings are at least $50 million and he should have got at worst 50% of that so if a man cannot invest and make sure he is covered for later in life then i have no sympathy for that.
              You NEVER wrote a fight contract in your life, hell you've never seen one.
              Uncle Sam takes 50% right off the top.
              Read my post and learn something!
              Do you think a training camp costs a crummy 10 grand?

Ray

Comment

Working...
              X