No announcement yet.

Vermont Republican Governor sign gun control bills into law

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    I think the law has to be very careful with who is deemed too dangerous to own a weapon. But I agree that domestic violence is a pretty solid indicator.
    The Government will decide that.

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Who cares what the liberals do in their states, I have always believed in states rights. IT's when the liberals try to make it federal law for all 50 states I have a problem with.

Someone will probably point out the governor is a Republican and I would say so were former US Supreme Court Justices David Souter and John Paul Stevens who btw called for a 2nd amendment repeal. Whatever, do what works in your state, it's when you call for a $20 dollar minimum wage law or a gun control law for all 50 states that non-liberals have a problem with.

One last thing I have to add, the next big shooting will probably call for even more gun control from liberals. Their goal was always to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        You'll disarm everyone in due time, then you'll be just like Venezuela.

What a lofty goal there.

I must ask, why do areas with gun bans like Chicago have high crime, but the areas with lax laws where y'all say the guns are coming from have low crime rates?

If guns were the problem, that simply could not be the case.

You got any explanation for this phenomenon?
        It's because they take all the guns from those areas to Chicago and there aren't any left to commit crimes with

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          It's because they take all the guns from those areas to Chicago and there aren't any left to commit crimes with
          Well played.

I'm dying to see what they say in answer to the question....

Comment

How well has gun control worked for Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              You'll disarm everyone in due time, then you'll be just like Venezuela.

What a lofty goal there.

I must ask, why do areas with gun bans like Chicago have high crime, but the areas with lax laws where y'all say the guns are coming from have low crime rates?

If guns were the problem, that simply could not be the case.

You got any explanation for this phenomenon?
              Check the history of the area and the culture that development as a result of how the government treated areas like Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Or Jamaica.........

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  You have to start somewhere. Vermont neighbors Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and NY. Mass and NY have tough gun laws so we are making progress.
                  Tough gun laws aren't progress, they're only progress for people who think the government should have more power over the people. The same people who also think that government should dictate to who business can or cannot refuse service to, that government should dictate letting pre-pubescent kids take hormone injections if they want to be the other sex. That government should implement laws to make their definition of "hate speech" punishable by some means. That government should take your kid away if you are teaching him things that is not aligned with certain thought.

All the things I just mentioned and many other things I didn't mention would all be deemed as "progress" by lunatics.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Even better than it did in Chicago, at least for the criminals.

Comment

It won't make a dent in anything. Just like fireworks, people will just smuggle them across state lines.

Comment

Working...
                      X