No announcement yet.

would it really be that impossible for Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Mayweather never once faced Margarito, Williams, Cotto or Pac while they were the top welters and in their primes, why are you entertaining yourself with ideas of him ifghting current top welters now that he is 40+?

I do think he'd beat Thurman.
    Just a hypothetical question i know it will never happen was just wondering if it would be as certain as we think that Floyd would lose

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Yeah.

I think with a tune up fight and then another good training camp Floyd could actually beat Keith "Sometime" Thurman.
      Pretty much agree that of the 3 Thurman is a fight I can see him winning but maybe Crawford and Spence would be too much for him

Comment

What about Sugar Ray Leonard? If he came out of retirment this year, can he beat those guys?

Comment

Mayweather is 41 and that is an old man by pro boxing standards. Almost 5 years ago Maidana held him to a split decision. I think it's possible he could beat Crawford or Thurman today but unlikely. I give him no chance to beat Spence because I think even the 30 year old Mayweather would have a hard time beating Spence.

Comment

he would beat Keith but not Bud or Spence. Money May is rusty & out of shape

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Mayweather is 41 and that is an old man by pro boxing standards. Almost 5 years ago Maidana held him to a split decision. I think it's possible he could beat Crawford or Thurman today but unlikely. I give him no chance to beat Spence because I think even the 30 year old Mayweather would have a hard time beating Spence.
              That's a pretty big claim you are basically saying Spence is a greater fighter than Floyd despite him not even achieving close to half of what Floyd has in the sport or being tested as much

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                Mayweather is too old to fight any of the top WW's. With that being said I really believe he could beat Thurman. He would lose to Crawford and have a hard time with Spence.
                He really wasn't too old. He took care of himself and 40 is the new 30.
                He maybe too far gone now though having not fought anyone in competitive fight apart from connor. But when he could still do it he was reluctant to prove himself constantly. Took easy touches between the real tests. Wanting to fight toughest opponent consistently wasn't his thing. But he did often fight people who had something he wanted, but weren't necessarily toughest test available
                Last edited by hugh grant; 01-05-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                  Mayweather is too old to fight any of the top WW's. With that being said I really believe he could beat Thurman. He would lose to Crawford and have a hard time with Spence.
                  I agree. I could see him beating Thurman. I think Thurman 0 will go soon enough.

Comment

Lol. A Prime Floyd temporarily retired to avoid the prime top dogs in his division how much more now that he's old and past his prime.

Comment

Why do alot of dudes keep saying floyd is done against top fighters? When did he show that much kink in his armour?

How da fuk would you know if Spence walks over him when he’s only beaten Brook? Lol.

Floyd would have pretty easy time beating Thurman right now and id be shocked if he lost to Spence.

That’s stupid assumption. What weakness has floyd shown to make him a washed up fighter?

Floyd beats all the WWs right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X