Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your fav and least fav American sports?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your fav and least fav American sports?

My favourite sport is boxing, then Premier league football (soccer) in the UK, which is where I am from. But do get quite a lot of American sports on Sky/BT sports here now, especially in recent years. Here are my thoughts on some and I'd like an American fan perspective.

NBA - Really like watching it and if it was on at a better hour would watch a lot.

NHL - Again, I really enjoy NHL, as much as basketball.

NFL - Don't see any appeal. Have tried watching several games, but just seems like an inferior version of rugby to me, and I'm not a fan of of rugby.

Baseball - Again, I have found it really hard to get into, and seems a bit like cricket, but a lot worse. Are NFL and Baseball better than they seem to me or not?

Boxing, hockey and baseball are my three. They’re also the three sports I participated in as a kid.

Comment

Boxing
      Basketball
      Football - College and Pros
      Baseball
      MMA
      Soccer
      Hockey
      Track and Field

Comment

Not a huge fan of any of them but basketball is the worst

Comment

Boxing
          Basketball
          Football
          Cubs(baseball)

and worst, maybe tennis

Comment

Grew up as a hockey and NFL fan, and hardly ever watched Basketball. Now, all I watch is the NBA. Never been a huge baseball fan, but it's a whole different experience live.

Comment

MLS is my favorite league.

Comment

Just boxing. I can't get into anything else...watching groups of guys get paid millions to play with balls. I occassionally watch the Superbowl or NBA/NHL finals if the hometeam is in it.

Baseball is the absolute worst to watch, for me. I'd rather watch professional bowling or a bunch of rednecks making left turns. Baseball is even more boring than soccer!

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  Grew up as a hockey and NFL fan, and hardly ever watched Basketball. Now, all I watch is the NBA. Never been a huge baseball fan, but it's a whole different experience live.
                  Plus you’re in Montreal right? You guys have always been baseball crazy. Was a shame the expos couldn’t get a park

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    Not a huge fan of any of them but basketball is the worst
                    So an American sport that the participants are 85% black doesn't appeal to you? I wonder why that is...........

Comment

Working...
                    X