Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd dismantled Marquez after a two year lay off... Pacquiao got knocked out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd dismantled Marquez after a two year lay off... Pacquiao got knocked out

I think we can all agree Floyds masterful performance vs Marquez gets extremely overlooked

Pacman struggled in all his fights against Juan Manuel, even got questionable Bob Arum decisions. Then when the odds where finally even he got knocked clean out in devastating fashion

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    I think we can all agree Floyds masterful performance vs Marquez gets extremely overlooked

Pacman struggled in all his fights against Juan Manuel, even got questionable Bob Arum decisions. Then when the odds where finally even he got knocked clean out in devastating fashion

I was just about to post a thread about TBE's win over JMM. In my opinion it's his most underrated win, why? Because you could make a strong argument that Marquez never genuinely lost to anyone else. I had him beating Norwood, Pacquiao in 3 of 4 fights (I had the other a draw), Chris John (robbery), Bradley (Close, but he should've won). Floyd's the only guy that truly beat him when you look at it.

What's even more amazing is that he totally dominated him and made it look easy against one of the greatest of this era and of all time. In all honesty Marquez is better than Pacquiao. The media/fans just give Manny more credit because he moved up more weight divisions and had some exciting wins against a lot of past prime/damaged guys. Plus he had The Bobfather who brainwashed lots of halfwit boxing fans and gullible media people into thinking he was as good or better
    Last edited by JK1700; 07-23-2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

On another note Marquez/Pac 4 has gotta be one of the most brutal KO's in boxing history. I thought his career was completely over and done when I saw it.

via GIPHY

Comment

Too bad lil fat JMM fought at 135 before stuffing his face with tacos to make 147 for Mayweather, who refused to weigh in on fight night because he weighed over 160 pounds in the ring. LOL, I mean you can see the MASSIVE size difference long before the fight. No tune ups at "welterweight" and he was so small that he could only get up to 142 for the weighin.

Comment

I thought that Floyd could have finished him in round 2 after he dropped him. I get that he probably wanted to go some rounds but I was a little disappointed that he seemed to take his foot off the gas a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

nah mayweathers win over marquez is nothing to brag about, marquez jumped 2 divisions to fight floyd got cheated on the scales when floyd failed to make the weight he wanted to fight at

Comment

Floyd winning against Marquez is nothing to brag about when Marquez jumped 2 division to fight Floyd. If anything, it is embarrassing considering the fact that of all people at welterweight that Floyd could fight such as Margarito, Miguel Cotto, Paul Williams, Manny Pacquiao, he chose a lightweight.

Pacquiao never got credit on beating a still game Miguel Cotto at a catchweight at 145 where Cotto fought previously at 146, and it sure as hell Floyd wouldn't be getting credit of fighting Marquez at a catchweight of 144 then cheating hhim at the scales, when Marquez previously fought at 135 LMAO.

But this is a thread for FL0MMOS to jerk at Floyd's achievements so it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                nah mayweathers win over marquez is nothing to brag about, marquez jumped 2 divisions to fight floyd got cheated on the scales when floyd failed to make the weight he wanted to fight at
                So your argument is that Marquez was fighting at the wrong weight?

But he KO'd Pacquiao at that weight

Weight doesn't change skills. Floyd dominates him at any weight.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  So your argument is that Marquez was fighting at the wrong weight?

But he KO'd Pacquiao at that weight

Weight doesn't change skills. Floyd dominates him at any weight.
                  No you idiot. Weight doesn't change skills, it changes the physical aspects of a boxer, he could lose speed, reflexes and punching power. And Marquez lost all of them against Floyd. Accumulation of weight processes the body to adapt to the weight, giving him time to be used to it and giving him the reflexes for the addition of weight, by the time Marquez fought Pacquiao for the 4th time, he already accumilated at the weight, but for the Floyd situation, it was instant for him, so that theory goes out of the window.

You probably dont understand this and I understand since Flommos have a disease that cant see the flaws of what Mayweather did.
                  Last edited by Thraxox; 07-23-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    No you idiot. Weight doesn't change skills, it changes the physical aspects of a boxer, he could lose speed, reflexes and punching power. And Marquez lost all of them against Floyd. Accumulation of weight processes the body to adapt to the weight, giving him time to be used to it and giving him the reflexes for the addition of weight, by the time Marquez fought Pacquiao for the 4th time, he already accumilated at the weight, but for the Floyd situation, it was instant for him, so that theory goes out of the window.

You probably dont understand this and I understand since Flommos have a disease that cant see the flaws of what Mayweather did.
                    So you're saying Marquez would've beat Mayweather at 135?

Even Marquez conceded he got beat by Mayweather. The only time he's made such a concession.

Comment

Working...
                    X