Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Jacobs fights Mora I'm done with him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    GGG has three belts. Jacobs has the participation belt. I can't for the life of me understand why he wouldn't want to go for a world title instead of being content with the participation belt. What is the goal if his career if he doesn't want to become a world champ? I remember people were saying Trout ducked J-Rock because he turned down a fight with him. But Trout told J-Rock he didn't have anything he wants. He's looking for a title shot. Then turned around and fought Jermall. I can respect that. Mora has nothing to offer Jacobs. There's no reason for this fight to take place. This fight accomplishes nothing.
    Golovkin had the regular belt for years. Now it means nothing?

Comment

How about Jacobs-Lemeuix?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        This is what Jacobs said after he beat Mora.

So why would he go backwards now? He's a top 3 middleweight. He should be fighting Saunders or Golovkin. Since August 1st he's boxed a total of 3rds. On July 30th that'll be 3rds in almost a year. Is he just content with the junior varsity belt? If he doesn't want to be a world champion what is the point of his career? Why not retire? I don't want to hear about budgets/PBC vs. HBO. Why do we as boxing fans accept those reasons? We're already paying monthly subscriptions to premium cable channels and they don't even have monthly fights. Then we pay extra for PPV. We spend a lot of money on this sport and don't get what we deserve. Jacobs vs GGG is a PPV fight. HBO and SHO need to find a way to work it out. He's more known than Lemieux and would do better than 150k and the tickets would be more expensive. They can find a way to make this fight work. I have no interest in seeing him fight anyone other than GGG or Saunders. Any other fight is a step backwards.

https://youtu.be/O1jvOMeKKJM?t=13m56s

Do you expect any better from Haymon and Co.? That fight wasn't even close. Jacobs got caught coming in and immediately went back to work. He was putting it on Mora from that point on. If Mora wouldn't have twisted his knee it would have been more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
          How can anyone hate a Mora Remtach? wtf

That fights needs a remtach if you ask me and most boxing legit boxing fans will agree.
          How does it need a rematch? First of all not every close fight deserves a rematch unless it is a high profile fight.

Second of all, Mora was getting tagged in the 2nd round. His kd was more of a case where Jacobs got careless.

Let's just give these guys every oppertunity to avoid GGG...smh

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            They claim he has the most MW title defenses in history through that belt but now it is worthless.

Either way this is pathetic from Jacobs. But it has to be said Mora>Wade and probably Murray tbh

Comment

Not like the Middleweight Division is a good Division

It has 1 Excellent fighter in GGG and the rest of the Division is extremely AVERAGE. Would be nice if the WBA would just order Jacobs vs GGG so we won't have to get stuck with both of them fighting **** opponents

160 needs to fight each other, not a good Division but I would like to see GGG vs BJS and Jacobs. Also if guys like Jermall Charlo and Lara move up that would really help that Division!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Not like the Middleweight Division is a good Division

It has 1 Excellent fighter in GGG and the rest of the Division is extremely AVERAGE. Would be nice if the WBA would just order Jacobs vs GGG so we won't have to get stuck with both of them fighting **** opponents

160 needs to fight each other, not a good Division but I would like to see GGG vs BJS and Jacobs. Also if guys like Jermall Charlo and Lara move up that would really help that Division!
                GGG makes all the others look average. Jacobs the superior strong African fighter will strap himself to the space shuttle to get away from GGG

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  They claim he has the most MW title defenses in history through that belt but now it is worthless.

Either way this is pathetic from Jacobs. But it has to be said Mora>Wade and probably Murray tbh
                  Moras last win is a lucky decision vs Abie Han. He's not better than Murray lol. He might even be worse than Wade at this point

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                    GGG makes all the others look average. Jacobs the superior strong African fighter will strap himself to the space shuttle to get away from GGG
                    I don't know WTF Jacobs Race have to do with anything but...OK?

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                      Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post

The WBA (regular) belt means nothing, no matter who holds it. Its not a recognised world title

The real amount of title defences Golovkin has starts from Rosado, as the sole WBA champion. So he has 11. But its meaningless, as was Hopkins record

Comment

Working...
                      X