Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronze Bomber View Post
    My mouth is watering thinking about that fight. Jesus, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN BEFORE 2017
    It's crazy because we know it's going to be a blood bath. Kovalev is going to come for Ward's head, and maul him, he has the tools to do it, and he has the boodthirst to take Wards soul without batting an eye. The question is, what is Ward going to do about it? What is Ward going to do with he is aching all over, bruised, bleeding from his eyes and ears, using the ropes to keep him up as Kovalev unleashes devastating hooks with everything he has, turning Wards ribcage into gelatina. What will Ward do then? What will he do when he can't even see through his own blood, when all he feels is pain?

Comment

Kovalev by ko. Ward is good but he is fighting a guy who is all wrong for him. Kovalev and Ward posses similar boxing IQ with Ward having the edge on speed and Kovalev on power. The problem is that Ward doesn't have the power to keep Kovalev( who is bigger and punches way too hard) honest and you can bet Kov will land on Ward because he knows how to set his punches. Ward will take a beating.

Comment

Ward has the skills to make it an ugly, boring fight but Kovalev still beats him on points.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
          Ward has the skills to make it an ugly, boring fight but Kovalev still beats him on points.
          Exactly. I see it looking very similar to Hopkins, except more competitive and brutal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ward's team throws the towel in that fight. Kovalev is a relentless

Comment

Funny thing is i remember people counting Danny Garcia out the same way leading up to the Lucas fight. It was a lot of, "he's ducking", :"hes gonna get destroyed" etc. I kept calling it a 50/50 fight. And that was Danny frikkin Garcia. I perrsonally think Kovalev is a lot better than Lucas but around here, people fall in love with power. Its real easy to I guess. But counting Andre Ward out in this fight is silly to me. He's clearly one of the best fighters of this generation and we haven't even seen him really struggle before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              Funny thing is i remember people counting Danny Garcia out the same way leading up to the Lucas fight. It was a lot of, "he's ducking", :"hes gonna get destroyed" etc. I kept calling it a 50/50 fight. And that was Danny frikkin Garcia. I perrsonally think Kovalev is a lot better than Lucas but around here, people fall in love with power. Its real easy to I guess. But counting Andre Ward out in this fight is silly to me. He's clearly one of the best fighters of this generation and we haven't even seen him really struggle before.
              People do fall in love with power but thats not all I see in Kovalev. He has world class boxing skills that he incorporates crushing power into. He isnt a slugger, he is a very good boxer who hits very hard with almost anything. Its not however out of the realm of possibility that Ward can beat him in my mind. I just thinks its unlikely. Ward may be able to neutralize Kov's offense and make him look foolish but again, its unlikely. Im looking forward to it who ever wins it should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                People do fall in love with power but thats not all I see in Kovalev. He has world class boxing skills that he incorporates crushing power into. He isnt a slugger, he is a very good boxer who hits very hard with almost anything. Its not however out of the realm of possibility that Ward can beat him in my mind. I just thinks its unlikely. Ward may be able to neutralize Kov's offense and make him look foolish but again, its unlikely. Im looking forward to it who ever wins it should be a good one.
                I agree. But his power is what makes people ignore Andre Ward. Kovalev is a good boxer, dont get me wrong. But if we are talking pure skill and adaptability, Andre Ward may be the best in the world. My point being, I highly doubt Kovalev is gonna go in there and bulldoze Ward. I think its easily a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  I agree. But his power is what makes people ignore Andre Ward. Kovalev is a good boxer, dont get me wrong. But if we are talking pure skill and adaptability, Andre Ward may be the best in the world. My point being, I highly doubt Kovalev is gonna go in there and bulldoze Ward. I think its easily a 50/50 fight.
                  I don't see it that way. People aren't "forgetting" Ward, it's just that both fighters are very complete fighters with high ring IQ, and the speed advantage that Ward has as he pointed out, isn't as remarkable nor meangingful as the major power advantage that Kovalev has.

I think you are slightly overrating Ward, especially if you have him ranked as p4p #1, and you are underrating Kovalev is you rate Kovalev much lower than Ward, regardless of where you rank Ward.

When it comes to pure skill and ability, there are several fighters that are in the mix for me, Ward is a name, but he is one of 5ish. He has been far too inactive and has only fought lower opposition than he should have his last two fights, I refuse to ignore the last 4 years and rank him highly based off of a far removed super six run. It's just flat out irresponsible.

The rebuttal that people lose sight of the stylistic matchup and "fall in love" with power only works when we are talking about fighters whos only defining attribute is game changing power. Kovalev is NOT that fighter, and if anyone thinks he is, they need to actually go study his fights, or learn a bit more about boxing, or both.

Comment

I have to say Kov by KO.

That could change depending on Wards next opponent and how he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      I have to say Kov by KO.

That could change depending on Wards next opponent and how he looks.
                      If Ward blasts his next opponent in the first round, would you favor Ward?

Comment

Working...
                      X