Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Jabs to the Body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very suprising amount of votes for Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

floyd mayweather's jab to the body is the best i've ever seen, he knocked a guy down with it

it's a proper punch that he steps into and puts his weight behind, it has most guys folding over

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Trust you Dan!

No but, I agree completely. I love watching Johnson, he fights like I would fight if I was 10x better.

I've been watching Harold Johnson's fights for so long now, and it never gets any less beautiful.

His jabs to the body weren't as frequent as his other tools, but when he used it it was up there with the best, no doubt.

Johnson is just the perfect fighter in my opinion. If he had a chin like Jake Lamotta he'd be one of the best fighters of all time.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the first person I thought of when I saw this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Floyd Mayweather Jr.

No nuthugging bs either. His jab to the body is literally a difference maker in his fights. A trump card of sorts. Just review the Judah fight or any of his fights. The moment he started the jab to the body, opponents got all discombobulated and loss.
            The Corrales fight is probably the best example, he completely controlled the fight with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              The Corrales fight is probably the best example, he completely controlled the fight with it.
              Honestly, that fight is a masterpiece. Definitely his best performance, and one of the best ever examples of controlling a larger, taller opponent.

Comment

Pernel Whitaker and Carlos Monzon had pretty good jabs to the body.
                Last edited by NChristo; 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

very debilitating weapon for the guy who's at the end of the punches

but it's pretty dangerous when you're not as quick as Floyd

Lewis ko'ed Ruddock when he attempted to throw a jad to his body

I guess he took too much time to fire ans was too tentative
                  Last edited by Tiozzo; 11-29-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    Pernel Whitaker and Carlos Monzon had pretty good jabs to the body.

Whitaker had one sexy jab to the body. It wasn't really a difference maker in his fights but it was stylish. He'd roll his hands and shoulders(like a dance) and then fire the jab to the body. Sexy punch.

Comment

ike quartey shot a great jab to the body/chest as well as the head

see among a bunch of others his fight with vince phillips
                      hard jab to the high chest // collarbone area

Comment

Working...
                      X