• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a **** fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
      should've gotten the nod against CJ

JMM landed more punches than bradley and he was 40

and mayweather had a huge size difference, and marquez had slowed down by then (i think he was 35)

JMM was at his prime at 126
      If my memory serves me right, he had points (Twice) taken away from him for hitting CJ below the belt line. Two tactical guys in the same ring trying to outsmart each other. Tough to score but the right man won.

The Timmy fight was much easier to score. Tim was bloody that night. He didn't fight the same way he did Vs. Ruslan. He used his brain. As a result, the man who flattened Manny was made to look confused & mediocre.

Even if Floyd & Juan were the same size, Juan wouldn't have been able to trouble Floyd. Floyd made Juan the aggressor and Juan looked uncomfortable taking the lead. Age didn't play a big factor coz' after this, Juan went on to beating some of the top dogs in the sport.

Comment

I am and have been a huge fan of Juan Manuel Marquez. I've always admired him as a boxer and appreciated his boxing. Mainly because, he is one of those boxers who doesn't have the luxury of having some of the best pure athletic attributes as some of the other boxers but had to make up for this disadvantage through having supremely high level of fundamental techniques / mechanics.

Having stated that, I am also a huge believer that technique + athleticism > technique alone. Thus, when technique is roughly equal between two boxers (such is the case with Marquez and Vasyl Lomachenko), the one who is the superior athletically is going to have the higher chance of winning (which is the case with Lomachenko as he is the superior athlete).

Comment

loma easy...way better lower body

Comment

It's too early to tell if he could beat an ATG like Marquez.

Comment

loma beats marquez..

never really been impress by marquez.

pac's style plays right into marquez strength and that's why he looks good but aside from pac, marquez looks normal.

if manny was a little more technical and a little less aggressive, then marquez will have a hard time with him.

Comment

Very good fight but Lomachenko takes this. Stylistically, he's a tough match up for him.

Comment

Working...
                X